If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Speaker System

Options
  • 19-07-2022 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi RS,

I am currently building a new house and am planning to install in-ceiling speakers systems in a couple of rooms.

I am looking at installing systems in 2 separate rooms, one a cut-off sitting room (1 pair) and the other the kitchen/living room (2 pairs). I also intend on adding the ARC soundbar to both systems.

I understand that the Sonos speakers are passive and require an amp to work. Can the one amp power both rooms or will I need to buy separate amps?

Subject to the above, would you be able to provide a quote on the systems, with delivery to Cork? Happy to chat if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Smurfvin.

Many thanks for the post.

The Sonos amps can drive up to 2 pairs of the inceling speakers. So for the two rooms and 3 pairs of speakers you would required 2 Sonos amps.

This way it will also separate out the two room s and they can be controlled individually with the Sonos App.

The Sonos Arcs are fantastic. There is no issue in running them in the same rooms as the Sonos Amps and they can be grouped together to play the same content. This will how only be stereo and will not convert over to 5.0 for movies. You can pair the Sonos one's and Play Five to the Arcs and Beams for surround sound.

I'll drop you a little PM with some pricing ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.