Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varilight Dimmer Slow to Boot Up

Options
  • 20-07-2022 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hello,

I've a Varlight dimmer powering some LED downlights. It's slow to boot up, taking a second or 2 to come on. The lights are instant with just a switch. I've heard it's a common complaint, and that some manufacturers have addressed boot up times in some dimmer models.

Does anyone have any model recommendations for a nice snappy dimmer? Every other accessory in our house is Click Mode. I see they have an LED dimmer also. Has anyone any experience with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Is it a Varlight V-Pro (LED) dimmer or a standard V-Dim?

The V-pro have an adjustable low-level brightness, (which V-Dim don't have) and I wonder if this might decrease the start-time?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ULMarc

It's a V-Pro. I've 2 of them. I've tried every setting on them. But the delay still seems fairly pronounced.

I've a BG dimmer which the lights respond to instantly. But it buzzes loudly unfortunately. Sure, I'll pop into the supplier here with the switches and see if they've anything else.

Advertisement