Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Gmail refresh frequency on Android and prioritising notifications

• 20-07-2022 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is not listed in the right section.

My Gmail account is currently set up to refresh manually, i.e. check for new emails only when I swipe downwards in the app. There used to be a simple option to sync/refresh emails automatically, but I can't for the life of me find it anymore, either in Gmail settings or Google account settings. I've Android 11 and the latest version of Gmail, and all the solutions I've found online don't seem to reflect the menu options available on my phone. The overlap between Android and Gmail has made the menu options very convoluted and it's become very frustrating trying to find anything.

If I can get the above email auto-syncing working, then the next thing I need to do is set up a notification alert for priority emails from just one contact. There doesn't seem to be a straight-forward way of doing this - Instead, it looks like I may have to use labels and auto-filtering of emails from the contact in question before I can prioritise the email notifications. Is this the only way of achieving this?

TIA

Advertisement