Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet pea for local show.

Options
  • 20-07-2022 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Quick question, our daughter is entering local show in the flower section for the first time and wants to put in sweet pea flowers. It states on entry of 5 blooms in a bowl or a vase of different varieties, the question is it 5 stems of flowers or a stem with 5 flowers on each stem. Any help would be appreciated as closing date is up tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Wait for confirmation from someone else, but my understanding would be 5 stems - its unusual that they haven't said 5 stems.

Its also a bit unusual I would have thought to have either '5 blooms' or 'a vase of different varieties' in the same class. Its a while since I was involved in flower shows so I am a bit out of touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

If it's of different varieties then it has to be 5 stems. Stems are the usual for flower shows anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Rules make no sense?

5 blooms just sounds wrong good sweet peas for showing will have 6 or more flowers (blooms?) per stem.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement