Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of changing from Eir to Vodafone.....maybe reconsider

Options
  • 20-07-2022 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Long time member but seldom poster but just so frustrated now I would like to share my recent experience with Vodafone over the past 2 weeks.

I was in the same boat as many Eir customers receiving news of a price hike and subsequent increase again next April. Long story long -I jumped ship from Eir due to Vodafone about a fortnight ago. 500mb Fibre and TV (same as what I'd had with Eir). Install date was 13th of July - kept telling them I did not need an install as I already had Fibre just send me the modem and TV box (I don't even use the Eir router as I have my own networking equipment) but apparently they have to send somebody out regardless so I went with the flow.

Got a call from open Eir appointments on the 12th to confirm the install appointment for the 13th. Next day there was no sign of anyone past the install time window but my interent and TV went off - I figured I was being transfered over. A few phone calls to Vodafones support later I was told call open eir as the install had failed. Open Eir would then tell me call Vodafone and round and round I went back and forth between them. In the end I got through to a helpful chap in Vodafone who explained I should not have had an order for a home install but a RAP order or full install. I was told order would have to be cancelled and put through again and he'd call me when it was happening. in Fairness to him he did arrange for me to get credit on VF account so I could get mobile wi fi to keep me going. Fast forward to today a week later and no phone call back - maybe he has forgotten, maybe he is off shift or maybe he is tired of being the bearer of bad news as my spidey sense tells me this sort of BS is still the norm in Ireland. I called 1907 again this evening - 1st agent put me on hold to "look into it" and see if the guy that promised me a call back was around - the hold music looped around and around until eventually after about 10 - 12 mins on hold it stopped. The time on my phone was increasing so did not look like the call was cut off but nobody there and I asked if somebody was there a few times. I supect they just took me off hold and stayed on mute so that I would hang up and hung up I did! I tried again and got through to a different agent. I politely asked to speak to manager/supervisor as I was getting nowhere with the standard support. Gave the gentleman a brief summary of the issue - said he would transfer me to somebody who could help - he transferred me to a line that said "our support centre is closed". At that point I recognised defeat.

5 years ago I went through 3 months of torture with Eir to get installed and never thought it would be this bad again how wrong I was. I honestly cannot understand how the training, systems and attitudes of the support staff can be so useless! I also presume that VF have no quality control on their agents calls - happy to stand corrected.

So at this point I am thinking I should just go back to Eir as I don't have the time to be messing around with clueless support staff who are unable or unwilling to help me.

Do Vodafone people monitor these threads I wonder as I would be very interested to hear their response to my experience so far.

Post edited by bindybandy on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I don't think they monitor this anymore. They used to have a Talk To section which was great but that's long gone. To be honest, if you're getting nowhere fast I'd just go back to Eir and get the new customer pricing and 2 year lock in. Personally I'd welcome not having to switch every year.

I'm switched back to Vodafone a few years back after a year of torture with Eir and happy with Vodafone now. I get a good recontract price each year but that's because my products and services are already up and running. If Vodafone cannot activate service promptly just vote with your feet and go with another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I can’t say any of the providers are a shining beacon of competence but Vodafone are by far and away the worst. A rubbish afterthought TV service (they cancelled it in the UK) tacked onto a broadband service they have little to no control over. Their woeful website and apps are the icing on the cake.

Advertisement