Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse of Referees

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

but that isnt a good thing. Guys at that stage should really be limited to coaching new refs. Helping that way. Really hard to expect guys that age to be keeping up with players 20/30/40 years younger

Post edited by Lost Ormond on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Yeah I get that - but if there was an abundance of younger lads doing it, then we could have that conversation. There isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I was refereeing an underage semi final in the LGFA the other week and the abuse I got was unreal.

No markings between the goals and team A felt they got a score. No reaction from the umpire and the keeper got the ball. In my view there was not a clear goal so I played on. They were shouting and roaring from the sideline about it and even had a go at the umpire because he didn't indicate a goal.

Less than 5 minutes to go, team A are 1 point behind. Team A's player was coming out with the ball and spilled it and fouled a player on team B clear as day but won the ball. I gave a free in for it and and one of the coaches exploded. Called me fucking disgrace because "She won the ball" and continued with such a tirade of abuse I had to stop the game to deal with it.

After the game he said "You're a wanker". I'm usually thick skinned about this stuff but I'm not giving up my time for this nonsesne. The issue was reported and the girls on the pitch didn't seem to surprised by it, but some people need to seriously cop themselves on with the way they behave at underage games. Honestly it'd be a great game if it wasn't for the adults.

Advertisement