Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating Fuseboard

Options
  • 21-07-2022 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I'm renovating our house and at the moment and the fuseboard is located in the garage. We are creating a utility room and wondering should we move the board into here or leave it where it is. What are the pros and cons with moving it there. I know i will need to run new mains from meter and involve ESB, the existing cables pass by the new location so length of existing cables will not be an issue either. Thanks in advanced

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Moving the board will most likely necessitate a rewire as the rules have changed a lot in recent times.

Pros:

1)  There will never be a cheaper or more convenient time to rewire the house.

2)  This is a very good investment in the house.

3)  A good opportunity to improve the current system and modernise.

Cons:

This will not be cheap! 

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dublindaveae111

Thanks for that information 👍. I should of mentioned, the downstairs house has already been rewired about 3 years ago (before we moved in) we are adding an upstairs so this will be new wiring. Just wondering should I move the board to the utility room or should I just leave it in the garage. is it much as much leaving it in the garage? Cheers

Advertisement