Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Security Unit - Medical

Options
  • 21-07-2022 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Would anyone know if you can apply for this role if you are colourblind?

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Imagine you found a device with wires and 5 minutes left on the clock and someone tells you to cut the blue wire!

It's hard to say what way colour blindness would be treated. The actual roles or duties involved would dictate the type of person or persons that would be eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 agoc2809

I can tell the difference between coloured wires, I was an apprentice electrician for 3 yrs. It's the actual colour vision test I can't pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Why would anyone leave the electrical trade to work in airport security for minimum wage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I'm not sure if things have changed regarding X Ray machines,But when I did my training 20 odd years ago..

You could not be colour blind and operate the X Ray machines, So with the ASU staff rotating between screening and searching I don't think being colour blind is going help, Anyway better jobs out there paying more and not working crazy hours and at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

How did you get registered with FAS? A colour blind test is required with your Registration from the Employer.

Why would you pack in a trade after 3 years???? Would you not finish to have something to fall back on?

• Advertisement
Advertisement