Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

search engine optimization promotion - how hard is it?

Options
  • 21-07-2022 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Let me start at the beginning. I own a new online store. I have quite a lot of competition in my niche and I am willing to spend money on website promotion. How and where to start? I need some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crysmile2

It's important to understand the basics of SEO because it can help you get more traffic from search engines, which means more people will see what you offer. If you're willing to take the time, you can do everything yourself. But will your competitors give you that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭scottygee

1. Create great content that talks about the products or services you're promoting. This will help you attract the attention of people who may be interested in what you're selling. Awesome tools that can help you here are Quillbot and Figma.

2. Make sure your website is easy to use and looks professional. People will be more likely to trust your store if it looks credible. For example, you can use an online QR code generator and create a QR code for your store.

3. Use social media to reach out to potential customers and do SEO optimization. You can also run ads on social media platforms to target specific audiences. This part is tricky if you have no prior knowledge of digital marketing basics, which brings me to your question (finally, I know!). You can learn how to do it yourself, but it might take a while. I enrolled in a great course on Udemy (The Complete Guide to Digital Marketing 22 in1) and I cannot praise these guys enough, they made it easy to follow even for a complete beginner like me. Anyway, I would recommend that you hire someone to do your first campaign and in the meantime, find a course to complete and learn how to do it yourself.

4. Get involved in online communities relevant to your niche and promote your store there. This can help you reach a larger audience of potential buyers. I hope I was able to help a little.

Good luck with your store!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

I'd work this list:

Review your webstore platform basics, and assess if it's technically capable and/or needs work/plugins.

Sketch out a plan to enhance your product listings; particularly key products; for example if you want to appear in product search carousels.

Create key topic content referring to your listings, as Scottygee says; on the same domain.

Push product listings and key topic on social and paidfor advertising, assessing results; fine tune based on seasonality.

Research keywords in your niche with paid for to try to rank for them with content and listings; see if they convert by spending a small amount of money on them if you don't have time for organic growth.

Create community around the product/brand with posting and owned social, if appropriate (including newsletters, etc).

See what's working and emphasise/de-emphasise based on return on investment.

Advertisement