Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback

• 22-07-2022 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there an amount limit on a chargeback? Is a chargeback even possible if a company has gone out of business?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi mel123,

Thanks for your post.

There is no amount limit for chargebacks however, they do need to be raised within 120 days of the transaction date. We have information here on how to start this process and you can dispute a payment made to a company that has gone into liquidation.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭mel123

apparently a charge back can not be done if i made a bank transfer, can you advise what other options i have please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us here. A chargeback request can only be carried out if the payment has been completed using your Visa or Credit card. If you have made an online transfer there is no way to cancel the payment as you would have authorised this with 3 digits of your banking 365 pin.

However you can request a recall of the payment if this meets certain criteria. It is important to know that a recall request does not guarantee the return of the funds to your account and is carried out on a best effort basis.

To discuss the possibility of a recall please log into your account, select services and send us a message. Alternatively you can call our customer service team directly on 0818 365 365. The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this helps, Thanks Jen

Advertisement