Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Business & NBI

Options
  • 22-07-2022 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Renewed my contract with Eir Business (EB) other day for another 12 months. Before agreeing verbally, I asked guy on the call if they'd be any issue upgrading to NBI when it became available in my area, he said no issue and I can just upgrade.

Low and behold a few days later, I went 'pre-order' from NBI and called EB. A different guy immediately said 'Eir Business have no arrangement with NBI at present' and therefore I can't order. I asked if I could cancel the contract and move to Eir Residential, as it was within 14 days cooling off. He said there is 'no cooling off period between business'.

I escalated the issue a bit and they are sticking their guns. They claim what guy said on earlier call was fine, as he was speaking from EB perspective, not from NBI availability to me.

They never told me on the call that Eir Business is not currently providing NBI and they never told me there was no cooling off period. If I had been told on the first call that EB were not working with NBI currently I wouldn't have gone ahead.

I even told them I'm happy to stay with Eir and continue paying same amount as long as I can move to residential and avail of NBI but they won't budge.

Have made an official complaint but not hopeful at this stage. They are being unreasonable and not even interested in discussing a solution that works for everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭KildareP

Cooling off only applies on consumer contracts, not B2B, unfortunately.

Eir do resell NBI on the Residential side so is it a case that their systems haven't been updated yet on Business or do they categorically not sell B2B packages over NBI?

Your only angle is if he confirmed at the time of sell that you could utilise NBI infrastructure on that package as/when it came available. It might be worth escalating to ComReg if you get nowhere with Eir's complaints department.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Gunner3629

Good to know. I don't mind the lack of cooling off but wasn't told it on the call. Clearly we're just expected to know this, or have read every inch of the T&C before the call ends.

Yeah no B2B packages over NBI yet. They told me that Eir Business & NBI are in discussions to offer NBI package in the future but nothing finalized and no ETA on when. So yeah it could be soon or it could be 12 months, who knows.

He essentially did say that, as I specifically said NBI when I asked, and mentioned it was coming to my area soon.

Thanks for your thoughts, I'll see how Complaint goes before contemplating comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Call should be recorded, so just ask for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Signed up with Eir In May . Connected mid June.

Add for package stated €50 refund FIRST bill. Got my first bill today for Two months rental , one month in advance plus arrears for June/July which was OK but NO €50 refund on bill.

When I rang to query bill I was informed that discount is off THIRD bill.

Some misleading advertising.

Advertisement