Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do ya put out fertiliser on your farm?

Options
  • 22-07-2022 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I put out slurry and CAN after the silage was cut.... I haven't put out any since and I'm wondering how regularly other people are spreading fertiliser. Is it necessary to spread now to extend the grazing season in September / October?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭alps

I think now and sept/oct are 2 different periods.

Depending on your rotation length, to acheive extended grazing into Otober, I would be applying fert from 20th of August on to Sept 15th for that..

Your need for fertiliser now really depends on whether you have enough grass growing ahead of your needs..

I wouldn't fertilise now for an extended grazing result..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Only spread urea for meadows this year. Nothing spread on grazing ground. Most of it has got a light coat of watery slurry at some stage. Have some CAN since last year and probably will go with a small sprinkle in late August to early September. I have a feeling growth has to rocket at some stage after suffering since early June. Ground is like a rock and the soil will release a blast of N when the rain comes

Advertisement