Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk buying meat

• 23-07-2022 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a chest freezer. Is bulk buying meat, a thing that people do to make savings?

I've searched online but nothing's jumping out at me. (Google's algorithm is really gone to pot).

To be clear I'm not looking at picking up stuff when I see it on sale, I'm wondering if there are any quality suppliers (either online, or walkup around Dublin), who'd sell a whole sheep or a whole rib steak at a good price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Approach an abattoir, some of them have a front of house shop where you can buy in bulk, I buy a couple of lambs a year off a neighbour for 300, a leg and joint I'm my local butcher I'd around 50, if you knew any farmers you could put the word out.

Look up organic pig farms who might sell you pork and bacon from the farm in bulk also, and another gem are the local farmers markets, a lot of vendors would have stalls at them and would be worth approaching about bulk deals

Advertisement