Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth year Instrument.....

Options
  • 23-07-2022 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

A tip for you young 'uns....

If you think you might want a birth year instrument.....

buying a guitar in your 20s.... its used or second hand.

buying a guitar in your 50s.... its vintage.

used is a LOT cheaper than vintage!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

1966 Framus 5/97

8 months older than me.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Picked up an ESP Horizon a few years ago - it's serial number is 1 digit off from my actual date of birth. Don't think I could get closer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I keep missing out on the Gibson '68 Les Paul Custom (re-issue). I'm in the process of thinning out the collection at the moment. The goal is to get down to a few Vintage/Re-issues/Boutique guitars in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 audiobabble

I bought a 1978 Gibson SG back in 1995.... only one year off my own birth year. Still play it every day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 The Homeball

Having been born in the 70's, most of the YOB guitars are junk and radically overpriced. It's gas how much they cost these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement