Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Reviewing your device"

Options
  • 23-07-2022 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I had to restore my iPhone earlier this morning. Opened all of my banking apps and input details etc no issues logging in. BOI app is the only app that has locked me out, i've inputted the required details over 2 hours ago and I still have a message on the the app stating...

"We're now reviewing your device for secure online banking. This process can take 4 hours"

This is a pisstake, I cant even login to BOI 365 on Desktop because I need my phone to approve the login. WTF is going on, I need to access BOI 365 immediatly to make an urgent transfer ffs

Like I said no issues with my other banking apps...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

If the Bank of Ireland app is deleted or updated, your device might be reviewed for security reasons. This process can take up to 4 hours. After the 4 hours, you would have the facility to log into your account as normal.

If you are still having difficulty with this, please contact our customer service team on 0818365365 or 0035314044000. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭swoofer

That is a worrying post! I use an iphone as well but do all the banking online with a desktop. Is there any way I can log on via the desktop without having to use my iphone? Its a real pain having to swipe on phone for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I had to reinstall the app for one of my BOI accounts recently. Very helpful staff explained 4 hour wait and asked if I needed to get override to get sorted. Give them a call to see if they can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

It would be necessary to use your phone as a security device to approve the login on a desktop. We will certainly pass on your feedback.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭swoofer

I don"t think BOI are going to take much notice but pre-warned is forearmed. It looks as if we are stuck with new technology that can cause quite a few problems. I will get a second mobile phone as back up or maybe more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement