Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamimg Pc build €1250

Options
  • 23-07-2022 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for a pc build about €1250. I will need a copy of window so if there a cheap place to buy one.

This would be my first build but would get a prebuild if I can get a good one.

I also need a good monitor but can keep that separate from my build money 1080p/1440p.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Can't spec a build for you right now but with regards to the windows, you can use Microsoft's own media creation tool (might be called something different now, that's what they used to call it) to create a bootable copy of Windows on a USB (ideally, or perhaps essentially nowadays a 16GB drive).

Insert this into the PC and press any key. Windows will install. This will leave you with a faint watermark in the bottom right of your screen asking to activate windows. To get rid of that buy a Windows key off adverts from someone with good feedback. Will cost anything between 5 and 15 euro I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jon Doe

Kolink Quantum RGB Mid Tower

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz €+90

Be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Air Cooler - €+40

Gigabyte B550M DS3H€+60

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600MHz + €85

500GB M.2 NVMe Fast Drive €+95

AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB €+190

Corsair TX650M Modular 80 Plus GOLD + €70

Total: €1,360.00

Note that this build has no WiFi nor Windows installed.

On the other hand you also have this, with Windows 11 Home:

Total: 1189€

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jon Doe

Regarding the monitor, I'll tell what I've told others in the past: it depends on your budget, screen size, resolution, what do you want to do with it, etc.

Start here to get an idea of what's available on the market:

https://geizhals.eu/?cat=monlcd19wide

and checkout the reviews here

https://tftcentral.co.uk/recommendations/tftcentral-recommendations-list-gaming-monitors

My recommendation is get yourself a 1440p screen with an IPS or VA screen. Pick a screen and if it's too expensive use your old monitor and wait for Black Frday. Or pick that screen that you want but last year's model. Or do both :) I got my 4K IPS for just under 300€ because it was the previous year's model and the seller was clearing stock... happy times $$$ xD

If you play a lot of FPS'es you may want to get a screen with a high refresh rate (>=100Hz).

Advertisement