Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anchoring a greenhouse?

Options
  • 23-07-2022 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hello,

We are thinking of getting a greenhouse. Aluminium frame, polycarbonate panels; found that DanCoverShopdot com ships them.

But this is county Limerick. High winds happen. How does one anchor such a greenhouse, so that it would not be torn out and thrown about by a storm ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

My greenhouse has the corners cemented down, and it gets closed up well when there's windy weather due. Been working out great in Limerick the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I got a KSB, left the lads to install it. They concrete down the T bars into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Saw these and look ok might be getting them for my own one I just installed. I would recommend you do some research on the greenhouses especially the polycarbonate. The single sheet ones seem flimsy. I got the double layer one and have to stay they are strong.

Advertisement