Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staire Installer Galway

Options
  • 24-07-2022 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good staire installer who serves Galway.

Also, is it worth getting a flooring package or am I as well off just putting down a few sheets of ply myself. It's only to make use of the attic for storage. The flooring package I looked at cist about €450 fit 3m x 3m.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ribery0

I ordered a Stira about 4 years ago from Stira themselves (they're based in Dunmore). I have to say it was some of the best service I ever experienced. They said a guy would come out the next week on a given day and a given time to take a look, and he actually showed at the exact time. He took a look for about one minute and said he'd have to largen the hole into the attic. He said he could do everything now in about 90 mins and he did. I was so impressed I called the next day to ask about getting the floor done and it was the exact same story, a guy arrived the next week and did the whole floor in one day with no fuss. At the time (about 4 years ago) the stira was €560 and the flooring was €4/sqft

*Edited: it felt like 2 years ago, it was actually 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Same experience here, although I'm in Drogheda. Stira sent someone out and he did the job there and then. I had the floor partially done a few weeks later. Probably more expensive than others but I couldn't fault them at all and the stairs is well built.

Advertisement