Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Invasion - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dunno about other US, or Canadian, cities standing in for each other - but I can tell when Glasgow stands in for American cities, which is weirdly more common than you'd think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

ITV had a Sci fi series called Primeval between 07 and 11, ran for 4 series. Series 1 and 2 were set and filmed in the UK. Series 3 and 4 shifted to Ireland but was still set in the UK and boy did Dublin stick out a mile. Simple things like white rear reg plates and no attempt to cover signage as Gaeilge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3: Now that was a good episode! Or, at least, didn't have the fake Russia and Russians being done by england and english.

Felt proper spycraftey in the second half too. I liked the kinda ..

buddy drive around that Fury and Talos did there. Jackson and Mendelsohn just bringing their combined powerhouse of experience together.

Not sure but it feels like Gravik did kill off G'iah so.. hmmm.. I mean they showed her bleeding so maybe she's not dead. Though maybe Emilia Clarke will reappear but as another Skrull picked by Gravik.

Checking the wiki to see if something changed in this episode: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Invasion_(TV_series)

New Writer credit to Roxanne Paredes: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5430944/

She seems new with only a show called FBI International under her belt apart from Shorts. lol, pun not intended. Anyway, maybe spycraft is her speciality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,087 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Well since Skrulls are shapshifters, what's to say knowing she was caught she moved her heart to the opposite side of her body knowing if he was going to kill her, shot to the heart was the quickest way. Or since Gravik clearly has the Extremis, what's to say she has it as well without him knowing. But seeing as they killed off Maria Hill in the first episode what's to say she actually did die and there is no big plot twist where she somehow survives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I'm really liking this but the amount of freezering is a bit mad.

Talos wife Soren killed off screen

Maria Hill killed Infront of Fury

Now G'iah is shot.

The only way to get people interested in fighting the fight, seems to be a bullet to someone close to em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was rewatching Captain Marvel and noticed something that happens in this series as well. They revert back to their skrull form when shot, yet the clothes don't.

Also at the end of Captain Marvel, they left with Carol. Was it mentioned how they came back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Another just okay episode. The show isn't really capitalising on what the premise could be, in terms of not knowing who is a Skrull, the paranoia that could cause etc. It seems like Fury at all times knows exactly who everyone is, and because of that it just becomes a bit generic and the idea of the Skrulls infiltrating organisations, places, people etc becomes no more interesting than the Hydra reveal in The Winter Solider (or Agents of Shield for that matter).

The Rhodey-Skrull is female, so I'm guessing that's going to be revealed to be Talos' wife. I'd say Talos is dead now though. If they did two fake-out deaths in a row with G'iah and then also Talos, that'd just be ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Like I was saying, I rewatched Captain Marvel and I was wondering why Talos kept the face of Fury's old boss.

And again the problem with clothes arises with G'iah's clothes showing damage from the gunshot.

I would love to know what their power is. Like do they actually change or is it an illusion which explains how they change the suit they wear. But then if that was the case how does the changing the DNA work.

And the testing should be really easy since we've seen a finger revert to Skrulls form after being cut. So blood should as well or even take a strand of hair. The rules around them seem inconsistent.

And yeah I'm thinking too much.

So I'm guessing the whole Rhodey reveal is going to lead into Armor Wars. Wonder how long he has been replaced by a Skrull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Easy point would be to wind it to around Civil War. After he fell from the sky and was in hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Another solid if not wow episode. Samuel L Jackson very solid as usual, Cheadle on top form too. But missing Olivia Colman entirely this episode :(

The drinking scene was fun, but not exactly a massive send off for Talos (it seems) then again same for Maria Hill! knew Gi'ah was super skrulled

I think I agree with other posts Gi'ah will end up facing off against Gravik looking for revenge super skrull versus super skrull, Fury can't match up. The shout-out that Rhodey could be Talos wife is an interesting one I like it!

I am guessing the real Rhodey will be back for armor wars.

Ok one maybe stupid question, Gravik wanted it to look like the Russians...but then he turned into a tree monster, does that not kind of blow that?!

Rhodes being a Skrull since Civil War would be interesting. It could help explain how he survived the fall, though the fact he was knocked unconscious and then operated on makes it hard to believe it wouldn't have been discovered he was a Skrull. Or, maybe that was then they swapped him, Skrulls came in and swapped him out while in recovery.

As for Gravik wanting it to look like the Russians, he did, but Fury and Talos ruined it and he had to do whatever he could to kill the President.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The set pieces in the show look very underwhelming and some of the acting from Jackson in the latest episode seemed a bit iffy. Would be interesting to see what the creators of Andor would have done with the same storyline, I think they would have been better at creating tension and intrigue.

4: Hmmmm.. bit of a let down in the fight at the end. Didn't feel President level. Probably didn't help that Biden visited so recently and had all those Chinook Helicopters from england hovering above or hanging around nearby. Surprising no hero turned up as well.

The story itself, I was glad they didn't

have someone die with that showdown between Fury and his wife. I really didn't think she's been around enough to build enough of a bond with the audience for that. How it did work out felt grand.

I did like the Groot power showing up. Guessing Gravik is like a combo power Skrull then. Maybe his true form is a bit disfigured looking from a skrull after all that.

He's a super Skrull which is basically Skrull genetically modified to gain super powers. The main example from the comics is the Super Skrull who had all of The Fantastic Fours powers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

What accent/where is Gravik supposed to be from?

I am nearly sure I heard Wales...bizarrely...well that is accent actor said

He has a serious Little Finger thing going on.

It seems to be going on a bit of a tour alright...

• Advertisement

Started to get that from the episode alright.

Until that point, I'd been guessing one power each but combining to have more power makes sense.

With so many more races around the Galaxy then, it would make sense for me to see combo powers to show up more from outside Earth.

I see the budget for this show is 212 million dollars...so far....I have one word...how?

Pyrotechnics and Skrull VFX I would imagine. Plus The legacy Avengers actors like Sam J, Don and Cobey probably don't come cheap.

Ginger beard who got shot this week. Wasn't he in Daredevil as an Irish gangster?

Yeah. Tony Curran. Also played Vincent Van Gogh in Doctor Who, and pretty sure he was in Sons of Anarchy for a little bit, but think he was playing Irish rather than his natural Scottish in that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Decent episode but follows the same formula as all the Disney shows, build up the final episode as being all action and then series done.

The harvest vial is interesting ,I wonder will that be used to create red hulk

I'm hoping we are going to see coulson or quake in the finale considering fury is flying solo without any avengers

Imagine if the Skrull took over Rhodes between Iron Man 1 and 2. That would mean to this day Terrence Howard is the only man to play Colonel James Rhodes.

5: Ooooh .. finale next week. Feels like they might have saved something up for that.

Oh I wonder who was he on comms to! Maybe someone in SABER..

Olivia Colman powering through again this episode. Still hard to believe Ben Mendelsohn might be gone.

The Skrulls had real people they kidnapped, and then Skrulls pretending to be them. I wonder how the Blip affected that. Did some of the real people disappear and the Skrull lost access to the brainwaves/memories? Did the Skrull disappear and they were left with the real person just hooked up to the brainscanner thing?

Not much more anyone could have expected from the episode. It's the penultimate one so just designed to set up the finale. Olivia Coleman stole the show though, we finally got a decent amount of her in the episode. Disappointed SkRhodey didn't end up being Talos' wife as I predicted, just means she was killed off-screen for no reason. Which is fine I guess, can't even remember her name or the actress, but it's just a waste and missed opportunity.

Really think they've f*cked up with Fury's reasons for not calling in some of the Avengers. His previous reason of wanting to reduce the chances of Skrulls copying them made decent enough sense, but at this stage, this is the exact scenario of aliens taking over the Earth that he set up the Avengers for.

• Advertisement

Apart from Coleman's excellence, that was one of the most ridiculous episodes I've ever watched of anything, ever.

Wonder who he was talking to at the end...

Advertisement