Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Invasion - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Don't believe it makes sense to do Skrulls in the movies, especially given the current circumstances.

It might have been good for an overarching plotline during one of the early Phases leading into an event movie. The downside however would be the huge impact to character development if core characters turned out to be Skrulls.

At this point with the Multiverse having Skrulls thrown into movies becomes way too complicated to deal with at the same time. Add to that the need to move on to F4 and Mutants, I don't feel Skrulls were worth movie time.

If they were going to do a Secret Invasion storyline TV format was better, the just did a pretty poor job of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What if season 2 on way.

Strong rumours of season 2 of Ms Marvel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I hope that is true because Ms. Marvel is a great series. As best I can recollect LOKI and WANDAVISION are the only series where Marvel have said there is another season/once off series.

With all the others it is something the characters will continue on in the movies but have not commented on the possibility of future seasons.

I want more adventures for Kate Bishop and when things go pear shaped she gets some mentoring from Clint and support from Laura - with Yelena showing up too. Would love more She-Hulk too.

Ms Marvel my guess would be they maybe want to see how the marvels film goes maybe? I really enjoyed the show though season 2 be excellent. Loki season 2 was a given it seemed to do well viewer and critic wise.

Wandavision no issue if it is a one off, it was a unique show hard to pull that off again (Agatha spin off confirmed).

Hawkeye has plenty of places to go more of it would be great.

She-hulk was a mixed bag for me loved the cast, Maslany was terrific, but it went a bit off the rails with the KEVIN thing. Who knows!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Loki is an odd fish, cos by all accounts the show was destined for success by dint of thirst alone. Tom Hiddleston has been a bit of a bad boy sex symbol in the MCU - an outlier in an otherwise chaste franchise - and it's no surprise the show did well with such a strong fan buy-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,045 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ms.Marvel will probably be connected to MCU mutants in some way so there'll be plenty more of her.

Agree with all that although I loved how She-Hulk went off the rails because I never have seen it coming.

That said, I would have preferred it not to have gone that far with breaking the fourth wall and coming to that same resolution of getting justice in a court room after knocking a few heads in the barn. Also at least one more episode featuring crime fighting would have been welcome.

Did Kamala go up against any criminals? I can’t remember (I just decided a rewatch of MS. MARVEL and HAWKEYE at Christmas will be a nice gift for myself :)) but I would like if season 2 (if it happens) to show Kamala fighting everyday crime while also dealing with some plot by supervillains.

And would Marvel please just get to Squirrel Girl already?

I don’t understand how that makes it an “odd fish” .

And that bad boy appeal of Loki is what is missing from the show. He is a hero and a good guy now.

Yes that is true but having her own adventures and more of her family would be fun.

• Advertisement

Hopefully this is true but for the good of my health I’ll try forget this rumour or else I will just end constantly refreshing Disney+ hoping that it will appear :P

A couple of weeks ago when posting in this thread as I scrolling the page to the bottom I saw a remark by someone that Tony Stark’s death or sacrifice had been altered or nullified by something in this series.

I am sure it was this thread and not the one for general MCU talk - anyone know what that’s might have been about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Are you sure it wasn't maybe a comment about Rhodey's reaction to Tony's death being affected since it's now revealed it was a Skrull as Rhodey?

I don’t remember it being said in the show that Rhodey was Skrull in ENDGAME.

Also, I don’t think it was said how long the Gravik revolt had been going but Gravik couldn’t have come up with the Super Skrull idea until after the Harvest and Soren was killed after FAR FROM HOME. And after Fury went to oversee SABRE which is what triggered the idea that he had abandoned them.

So how could Rhodey have been a Skrull?

I don’t remember Rhodey’s reaction to Stark’s death and had just thought that Rhodey was being support after he was released because he had been in there longer than anyone but I am just remembering that he was also wearing a hospital gown - so that would suggest he was taken from a hospital and he still has some of the CIVIL WAR injuries but why? It doesn’t match up with why the Skrulls lost faulty in Fury.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Am odd fish in the sense it's one of the few MCU properties whose fandom is around a certain horniness - something that doesn't really exist as far as I can tell with the rest of the MCU. It's all quite inert.

I get you.

In the series though Loki is very different. He is in love (granted with himself) and out to save the universe.

That isn’t the same same naughty Loki from the films.

Of course I forgot that obviously Loki being different didn’t happen until the Loki series aired so those horny fans didn’t know and I wonder if season 2 will have the same following as season 1.

I dunno. What shallow waters of fandom I swam across during season 1, even the thirsty fans seemed to love the fact that when Loki found love, it was with himself. I daresay there have been deep levels of fanfiction.net & Tumblr that already came up with that idea before the show even aired.

To be fair, Ragnarok did let Loki become a good guy, albeit as that Chaotic Good version you'll see in fiction; being killed off almost immediately afterwards a small problem solved by a speedrun montage of "our" Loki's life in Episode 1 to shame the TV's variant into decency lol.

Advertisement