Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick issue

Options
  • 25-07-2022 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anybody know how to fix the fire stick when for some reason it won't connect to the internet even though literally every other device I have is working on internet just fine? I last used my fire stick on Sunday and then when I went to use it yesterday it wasn't connected to the internet.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭irelandrover

how do you connect to the internet, wifi or cable? Whats the error you get when you try to connect?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kinney

Try to reset your firestick to the factory setting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It might be too far away the router. Interference means this might be a problem today where as it wasn't last week. Try restarting the router. Also, in my experience Firesticks don't support many channels on the 5GHz band. I used to have manually set my router to only use a lower channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kinney

You have the reason. Sometimes router indeed can be the reason. Nevertheless, if nothing works, reseting your firestick to the factory setting is an option. It's easy to do. You can consult https://www.firesticktricks.com/how-to-reset-firestick.html tutorial to do that. However, you'll miss all your personalized settings as it'll be like a new device, like the one you've just purchased. So think if you remember all passwords, etc.

Post edited by kinney on

Advertisement