Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel/Samsung/Refurb/Chinese

• 25-07-2022 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi All,

Like many in here, I got the pixel 6 but have decided to retire it.

I was looking on refurbed.ie and seen S21 Ultras for 700 odd and think it might be a good deal. Have you had experience of this site (and quality grading)?

Should I look at some of the other brands? I don’t know much about them.

I listen to a lot of music so LDAC is important. Also build quality is important as I’m a disaster after a few pints (and just generally).

I spend a lot of time on my phone so chipset, refresh rate, and all that good stuff is also important albeit I’m not doing any gaming or pro photography.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Out of curiosity, why are you retiring the Pixel? A relative just bought one for €365 like new. He bought it from ebay-kleinanzeigen.de it came with everything, including the white plastic sheet covers that keep dust off when brand new. I have been very happy with all of my purchases.

They don't all offer shipping so you have to choose that filter. Some may offer international shipping, and some may require something like mailboxde.com (if that is the case, add roughly €20 to the price for shipping).

As always with ebay, it is best to choose a seller with a good rating. I think (just because they were available) I, or people I have recommended it to have only used "TOP" and "OK" sellers.

Many will negotiate and some have VB marked, which invites you to negotiate. Some will offer guarantee etc.

It's an option if you are willing to look at it.

Can be quite large price differences, for example 256GB S21 Ultra is €440 + shipping. They may or may not ship to Ireland, but as mentioned, Mailboxde is also an option.

But there are definitely scammers on the site. I have never experienced any dealings with any, nor have I heard of any. But some adverts are so cheap or offer seems too good, I would bet my house on it. Luckily, for the most part, they seem really obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

The Pixel 6 issues just got on top of me. Signal dropping and lack of roaming became a regular occurrence, despite promised fixes via patches.

I enjoyed the “pure android” UI but even that’s disputed elsewhere, much like the issues described above. They not plagued a portion of owners and the impacted population changed during successive patch rollouts.

For 9 months I held strong but I bought the S21 Ultra yesterday, pulling the trigger a few hours after posting the OP: A welcome relief. I’ll update this tread with my experience of refurbed.ie because I’d like to encourage an environmentally friendly option - I can only hope I was right. BRB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Refurbed are international (refurbed. it, de, fr etc.) - Would be good to hear how you got on with them, I am guessing their warranty is one year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

How did you get on with the refurbed.ie phone?

Advertisement