Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »
    What's everyone watching for the rest of the evening?

Make a suggestion plz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Make a suggestion plz

Enjoyed Quirke last week so will watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

That fella had his mind made up on what he was gonna do long before the Brennans came. Free advertising much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

What's everyone watching for the rest of the evening?

Quirke

Have taytos and all ready ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Is Quirke on until 11 again??? Too late for me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yup 11:15

I'm not working tomorrow thankfully

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Any chance of a revisited style few episodes. Grand designs style. Quick recap followed by a new visit and catch up. Could do a few in each episode. Show what has worked and what hasn't and who followed through.

Good idea but doubt it is up to the Brennan's.

Would be the production company who would do this...and being honest irish production co's very much tend to be "paint by numbers" and have a set formula. Cannot see them revisiting etc...they have moved on to their next project and forgotten all about series 6.

Let's just hope series 7 is "stronger" back to the endings/followups like previous series.

WOWSAH!!! Gabriel Byrne in a tux!!!!!! Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Dromquinna wrote: »
    Many thanks everyone for tuning in again this year. We were very late filming this series so not possible to do a follow up visit for the end of some of the programmes. We appreciate all your comments and look forward to series 7. John Brennan.

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to come here and comment. I think I speak for all of us here in saying that we love the series. Yourself & Francis are a pleasure and a delight to watch every Sunday evening. :)

Looking forward already to the next series! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

WOWSAH!!! Gabriel Byrne in a tux!!!!!! Nice!

:D What age is he now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Gabriel is 63.

The older the violin the sweeter the tune or so I am told.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

A Quirke/At Your Service crossover would do well, where the Brennans are doing up a hotel in 1950s Dublin and discover a guest brutally murdered, and have to call in a special detective

goose2005 wrote: »
    A Quirke/At Your Service crossover would do well, where the Brennans are doing up a hotel in 1950s Dublin and discover a guest brutally murdered, and have to call in a special detective

Francis - Oh jesus mary and joseph that blood stain will never come out

John - Bottom line, now, had he settled his room bill already

Special Detective Dermot Bannon is called in who manages to bungle it all up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Special Detective Dermot Bannon is called in who manages to bungle it all up.

Standard coffin, but with a 1 1/2 height glass cube sticking out at one corner and over budget. There will be enough money to dig the hole and for most of the funeral expenses, but nothing left to fill the grave in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Lisha wrote: »
    In all the jobs I've had the one is hate most to do again is waitressing fir huge functions like that. Tough job IMHO

i worked in the west county 10 years ago for these big Xmas functions with 800+ people. it was the easiest job i ever had. with that many, there's not many options. soup for starter, beef or salmon for mains, choice of 3 deserts. queue in the kitchen for each course, get your tray of food, throw it out to the 1 or 2 tables you were responsible for. job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I saw outside caterers prepping a dessert course for about 400+ people in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham last year - the dinner had been beautifully cooked fillet steak, can't remember what the starter was but equally impressive - and it was the most impressive scene of efficiency and time/motion beauty I think I've ever seen!

Definitely got the impression that tonight's fella was let loose by his parents to manage the new project - but regardless, I have to admire his balls and wish him the best with it!

ETA - I am MOST impressed that JB came on here and thanked the viewers - full marks for that, bigtime! I'd second the call for more revisits to previous projects, although I fear that they may be just too nice to show the ones that have flopped or didn't work out......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭finix

Tonight should be funny, They are helping out hippies in an eco village in Cloughjordan. Fran man you are wrecking my buzz !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Eh... my telly magazine is showing a repeat of a couple in Adare with a pub/hotel/restaurant :confused:

Cloughjordan was on a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, didn't John appear last week to say thanks for viewing folks, that's all for now.

Obviously onto repeats for the foreseeable.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Eh... my telly magazine is showing a repeat of a couple in Adare with a pub/hotel/restaurant :confused:

Cloughjordan was on a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, didn't John appear last week to say thanks for viewing folks, that's all for now.

Obviously onto repeats for the foreseeable.
    ****e ! The culture mag in the sunday times lists the hippies, but tv guide online lists Adare. I saw the Adare one before ! Now all I have to look forward to is Top gear followed by dragons den on bbc2. Damm ! Shower and early night again I suppose !

• Advertisement

Here we go....Those curtains are terrible ! Oh Dear !

Ah I yes I remember this one!

What a funny colour for a chipper!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Used often go to the pink potato passing Adare, sadly it is there no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This is a repeat and from passing through adare, the pink potato is no more.

mixed hangers lol !

finix wrote: »
    mixed hangers lol !

Jaysis it gave him palpitations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

finix wrote: »
    mixed hangers lol !

lt sounded like francis was gonna start crying haha

Used often go to the pink potato passing Adare, sadly it is there no more.
    This is a repeat and from passing through adare, the pink potato is no more.

Ah that's a pity

3 grand ? FFS, That would not keep a rabbit with lettuce never mind a revamp ?

• Advertisement

Those pink potatoes are just brilliant.

Advertisement