Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's more of a feel of shameless promotion about this one..
    What do you mean by that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I wouldn't be able for that....

If the horse wins we will have the make-over, it if loses we wont eat sort of scenario!!

Your man is getting lots of free publicity........

If he got off his ass and cleaned it up in the first place it wouldn't be such a mess!!

Your man is getting lots of free publicity........

Who?

Surely half the point of being on the programme is the free publicity (the other half being the advice from the Brennans) :confused:

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who?

Surely half the point of being on the programme is the free publicity (the other half being the advice from the Brennans) :confused:

The fella selling the horses...if he's calling in the Brennan's would he not have a few bob in the back pocket for the upgrade??....

The fella selling the horses...if he's calling in the Brennan's would he not have a few bob in the back pocket for the upgrade??....

I'm sure they egged that up a bit (pardon the pun) for the show - the makeover depending on the sale of the horse.

Mmmmmm, Dromoland........

Entrance looks about a million times classier with the black and gold gates!

Courtyard looks really well...

It looks better than my house when I first started it!!...

Not a man for getting his hands dirty so.....hahaha....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Sorry I had to go off to make a chicken sandwich... Dont think there was a huge amount wrong with the place... I think he dirtied it up, took down a few signs, and then phoned them....

Sorry I had to go off to make a chicken sandwich... Dont think there was a huge amount wrong with the place... I think he dirtied it up, took down a few signs, and then phoned them....

Sandwich aside, I think I agree with you.....:eek::pac:

Did ye not get a Sunday dinner??....

The state of the two boys on the gee gees in their suits :D:D

They're pure class!

The state of the two boys on the gee gees in their suits :D:D

They're pure class!

Ah, they are very funny....Still wouldn't get me on a horse though...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ha ha! Loved that! The 2 lads up on the horses, Lol!
    Disappointed to read here earlier that this is John's last series to be involved in :( Love Francis, of course, but got to say, they make a great team together.
    There's something about 'At Your Service' that's just so 'Irish'... Yeah, I know, it is Irish, but it's just such a comforting, familiar show that you can't help but get that feel-good feeling from watching it :)
    Delighted it's back on screen. :)

twirlagig wrote: »
    Ha ha! Loved that! The 2 lads up on the horses, Lol!
    Disappointed to read here earlier that this is John's last series to be involved in :( Love Francis, of course, but got to say, they make a great team together.
    There's something about 'At Your Service' that's just so 'Irish'... Yeah, I know, it is Irish, but it's just such a comforting, familiar show that you can't help but get that feel-good feeling from watching it :)
    Delighted it's back on screen. :)

Happy NY twirly!, yes, enjoyed that...very funny...

Was not mad about the owner though..thought he was a bit of a flake. I will miss Francis very much from the show...:(

Happy NY twirly!, yes, enjoyed that...very funny...

Was not mad about the owner though..thought he was a bit of a flake. I will miss Francis very much from the show...:(

Happy New Year to you too GSW! :)
    Francis? I read it that John was leaving??

Happy New Year to you too GSW! :)
    Francis? I read it that John was leaving??

I read it the other way around twirly!!....:o

I read it the other way around twirly!!....:o
    As much as I love John (and I do, I really do!) he'd never hold a show up on his own.

In fact, I'm not sure Francis would either, on his own.

If the rumours are true, and I sooooo hope they're not, I'd love to know why he'd back out of a show as successful as AYS. He's half the double act.

Don't leave us, John!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Oh clean the moss off that "gazebo". Don't leave him away with that Francis!

• Advertisement

As much as I love John (and I do, I really do!) he'd never hold a show up on his own.

In fact, I'm not sure Francis would either, on his own.

If the rumours are true, and I sooooo hope they're not, I'd love to know why he'd back out of a show as successful as AYS. He's half the double act.

Don't leave us, John!

Hear,hear! Don't go leaving us, John!

Gonna be gutted if this is true..... And I know John has a sneaky peek on here from time to time... ;)
    He just can't leave us like that, can he?! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hear,hear! Don't go leaving us, John!

Gonna be gutted if this is true..... And I know John has a sneaky peek on here from time to time... ;)
    He just can't leave us like that, can he?! ;)

Sadly, John seems to have made his decision ...
    However, John Brennan said the next series — which is already shot and is to be broadcast from Sunday — would be his last.

“I have loved At Your Service, but I can’t continue with increased commitments. There is just too much happening. I just don’t have the time for it,” he said.

Mr Brennan said the increased commitments arose from the Brennans’ five-star Park Hotel in Kenmare opening six weeks earlier than usual this year and the success of his Drumquinna Manor venture.

He said his brother, Francis, “probably will” continue working in At Your Service.

“That all has to be decided and RTÉ only give the go-ahead for another series after seeing the viewing figures for the latest one.”

John said Francis “is more free” to stay with the TV show as the Park Hotel has recently employed a general manager.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/john-brennan-is-no-longer-at-your-service-305577.html

It's a shame. John seems to be a great numbers man with a real eye for detail. Things like signage and menus - he knows what works and what doesn't

It could go on without John but it wouldn't be as good IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It's that time of the week again......

It's that time of the week again......
    Yayy!

30 grand on a Deep Fat Fryer that they have never used?

Ah now, that's not good.

This pair are bonkers.

I know they're father and daughter - but how are this pair still in business, never mind haven't killed each other?

Basil Fawlty would fit in well here.

Haha, yer man was going to stand looking at him eating his steak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Where's John?

Advertisement