Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

This lad has his priorities wrong.. He has his head in the clouds.... He has some vision of him sitting behind the bar in his own establishment, supping pints and reciting stories with Oliver Reed and George Best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think the bar looks a bit cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

amdublin wrote: »
    I think the bar looks a bit cheap

Too modern

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

These lads have far more money than sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I'd rather less channels and not have that awful pink headboard, Thank you very much.

• Advertisement

Who goes to Dingle to watch telly?!

These guys would want to get their heads out of their ar... ahem, the clouds: who needs 200 channels in a hotel?! Who wants to drink in a hotel bar a few hundred yards from a village with great pubs? Goons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

This lad has his priorities wrong.. He has his head in the clouds.... He has some vision of him sitting behind the bar in his own establishment, supping pints and reciting stories with Oliver Reed and George Best...

Yup he has bought in to the idyllic lifestyle but paying the bills is not on his radar at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

What's with the two colours in the bar???

Nespresso machines in the rooms?
    I'm out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Meangadh wrote: »
    Who goes to Dingle to watch telly?!

Parent(s) who are trapped in the room while the kids are asleep. Cos leaving them unattended is not a good idea by all accounts.

Ok the bar/library looks good.

Guess they don't charge for the whiskey.

He has the Robert Mitchum room for yourself and the missus, and the Jack Kennedy room for when you pull somebody else's missus..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This seems like a vanity project, the American chap must have money to burn.

Have to say, these two seem like a bit of a pain in the arse. I wouldn't want to stay there to be honest. And that's coming from someone who absolutely loves Kerry and is also in love with their dog.

I think Americans would fall for their shtick though, but wouldn't be for me.

Fair play, they found the only 2 Yanks who would be impressed by the Ryan's Daughter connection...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

amdublin wrote:
    I believe it is acceptable kitchen hygiene to wash hands and prepare food.

That may be acceptable...... but it doesn't look good. Apart from anything else, if u can handle hot sausages, they're obviously not hot enough!

Dermot Bannon on at 9.30pm .... Let's see what sort of b*lls up he makes this evening... I dont know how he gets any work at all in real life..

Meangadh wrote: »
    Have to say, these two seem like a bit of a pain in the arse. I wouldn't want to stay there to be honest. And that's coming from someone who absolutely loves Kerry and is also in love with their dog.

I think Americans would fall for their shtick though, but wouldn't be for me.

Ah I thought they were nice. I'd stay there.

Free whiskey! woo hoo! I'm in

Ah I thought they were nice. I'd stay there.

Free whiskey! woo hoo! I'm in

Well now I wrote that before I took in the whole free whiskey thing. I might be convinced... :D

• Advertisement

Seems to me that there was an element of them having deliberately messed up the room for the opening shots, so that the contrast in the closing shots of the room would be profound...

Seems to me that there was an element of them having deliberately messed up the room for the opening shots, so that the contrast in the closing shots of the room would be profound...

It's all a conspiracy!
    I'd say there's an element of that every week, the dude with the equestrian centre in Clare didn't even bother to paint the gates before the lads came!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Completely agree with you, they were looking for free advertising and they got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Anyone looked it up on trip advisor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

It gets very good reviews!!

Anyone looked it up on trip advisor?
    poisonated wrote: »
    It gets very good reviews!!

Howya lads! Best of luck with your business!

:pac:

Howya lads! Best of luck with your business!

:pac:

Jaysus if it was mine id have listened to the Brennan's top class advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Skid X wrote: »
    This seems like a vanity project, the American chap must have money to burn.
    This.

Can't believe how they refused to start at the bottom (lampshades, making the beds) and work up from there (to the telly with the 200 channels, in one of the most scenic locations in Ireland - WTF :confused:).

How does a bar work when you have no licence - do they have to give the drink away for free?

I would SO love to see the books for that place, they must be pouring money down the drain!

But Jaysus, what a location. And what a dog!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This.

Can't believe how they refused to start at the bottom (lampshades, making the beds) and work up from there (to the telly with the 200 channels, in one of the most scenic locations in Ireland - WTF :confused:).

How does a bar work when you have no licence - do they have to give the drink away for free?

I would SO love to see the books for that place, they must be pouring money down the drain!

But Jaysus, what a location. And what a dog!

What's the name of it again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cant for the life of me remember the BIG Hollywood star that stayed there.....even though they mentioned him 100 times....:rolleyes:....

Advertisement