Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The bridal suite looked like it could be cold. This program looked a bit incomplete. I did not see any room laid out for a wedding breakfast, so it was difficult to imagine them having it all set up.

Lovely venue, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

amdublin wrote:
    Weak program 

As with most programs this series. They seem to be just painting by numbers these days! Minimum input and minimum change or update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

amdublin wrote:
    Weak program 

As with most programs this series. They seem to be just painting by numbers these days! Minimum input and minimum change or update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

I'll bet they will be back with an AYS Revisited show at some stage.

A lot of those older houses can be cold as they are not insulated to the same standard as modern bulidings nor do a lot of them have double glazing. Can't remember if the place featured last night had double glazing.

Friends of mine stayed in Dromoland Castle, top dollar, popular wedding venue and they were given an electric heater in the room in case they were cold and it was only September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Only got to watch the program last night - I didn't see the point of that episode only to advertise the existence of the place. I didn't really see any changes to the place at all. I think I kinda switched off when at the start of the show one of the ladies said we have no money to do it up - well what was the point in getting the Brennan's advice to improve your business if you haven't a bit of money to make it happen. The place has potential though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

moral wrote: »
    Can I ask if any of you have been to any of the places featured in these programmes?
    I was in the café/restaurant in Bundoran which was on a few weeks ago. Was in it last August - which apparently was after it was done up! I thought the food was terrible, poor service and we couldn't get out of there quick enough! We almost give it a dirty look everytime we pass it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just watching Sunday's show now....

What a really gorgeous house. But a total money-pit!

I WANT those curtains and carpet - they were just gorgeous!

Was that a sink or a bath in the other house they visited? Very small for a bath, very VERY deep for a sink.

And was that the mammy of Turtle Bunbury, there can't be too many of those knocking around!

Yellow is such a difficult colour - why didn't they go with that lovely grey-y green which is just sooooo restful and classy.....

Sounds like a very complicated arrangement between the Mammy and the daughters, and Mammy seems to come out of it quite well - what are the daughters meant to live on? :confused:

An awfully abrupt ending - again. Agree with others that the show seems to be running on auto-pilot these days - maybe John has realised this and (wearing his business hat) decided to get out while the going is good.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Toilet rolls ready.

Aaaagh! I am watching Call The Midwife on the beeb and I don't want to switch off!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

This could get awkward if she doesn't do criticism!

It's very dated looking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

This is a good one!

Lots of money needed I reckon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

All posh show by your wan and no substance, the rooms filthy.

The reception looks more like a Beauty Salon. They should have gone with a beachy theme

This is a good one!

Lots of money needed I reckon

€10k won't go far in a big spot like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If they bought the place after initially having it on a One Year lease, they must have done reasonably well with it.

The disused Gym and Pool is an awful waste.

amdublin wrote: »
    Aaaagh! I am watching Call The Midwife on the beeb and I don't want to switch off!!!

Record it.

Get on to this live thread!

Skid X wrote: »
    If they bought the place after initially having it on a One Year lease, they must have done reasonably well with it.

It's a pity about the pool but the rooms are such a state that you couldn't justify spending money opening it.

It's a pity about the pool but the rooms are such a state that you couldn't justify spending money opening it.

I suppose a project for when they have the rest of the place up and running and turning a profit!

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »

Does it look like an Abandoned pool all empty and eerie :eek:
    Record it.

Get on to this live thread!

But it looks like Trixie is an alcoholic! And the baby had brittle bone disease!

I'd love to stay in Kelly's

I'd say their only business is people who go for the cheapest option on Hotels.com or wherever, and never return.

Serious question did the pool and gym look all abandoned and eerie?!

We need Karl Fragley for this one!

Hello all

I've abandoned Call the Midwife. That is how much y'all mean to me.

Does it look like an Abandoned pool all empty and eerie :eek:

This isn't a Spectator Sport Missus, I'm not commenting on the state of the pool unless/until you start watching! :);)

We need Karl Fragley for this one!

I love Karl!

Serious question did the pool and gym look all abandoned and eerie?!

No it didn't look too bad. But pool running costs are too high to justify it

• Advertisement

Hello all

I've abandoned Call the Midwife. That is how much y'all to me.

Go on back for 2 mins while the ads are on! :D

Advertisement