Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Imagine how much better the Late Late Show could be with the natural wit and charm that is Francis Brennan as its host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Imagine how much better the Late Late Show could be with the natural wit and charm that is Francis Brennan as its host.

I think he would improve every single RTE Programme.

He'd be great on the Weather Forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Francis Brennan FTW.

He is just so.... I dunno... charming and funny and engaging and witty and what the heck - great!

Anyway, the setting of that place is abolutely stunning. Did you see Ben Bulben there in the background with the sea in front. Where in the name of God would you get that view from a hotel?

But that wasn't mentioned much!

PAINT THE OUTSIDE sorry for shouting, but that should have been the first thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Francis Brennan FTW.

He is just so.... I dunno... charming and funny and engaging and witty and what the heck - great!

Anyway, the setting of that place is abolutely stunning. Did you see Ben Bulben there in the background with the sea in front. Where in the name of God would you get that view from a hotel?

But that wasn't mentioned much!

PAINT THE OUTSIDE sorry for shouting, but that should have been the first thing to do.

All of the above, especially the views/sea bit.

I'm sorry, now, but unless there's some fairly radical changes in the pair of owners, I'm calling it now that that place will be closed down within two years. And they may be filing for bankruptcy.

I hope I'm wrong but I just cannot see that one working out.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. He would be hilarious.

But he might get a bit fed up after half an hour though!

Remember him on the bus tour around South of France? I thought he would lose his mind.

I would have also with all the divas on it (bar him!), to be fair though!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    All of the above, especially the views/sea bit.

I'm sorry, now, but unless there's some fairly radical changes in the pair of owners, I'm calling it now that that place will be closed down within two years. And they may be filing for bankruptcy.

I hope I'm wrong but I just cannot see that one working out.

When I saw the lady of the partnership going out on a boat in a maxi dress to fish.

Well, one part of me said she is a diva, the other said she is an airhead.

But to keep the brothel theme going with the pic and the feathers. I mean, come on!

But maybe they are seeking a certain clientele??? who knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

But maybe they are seeking a certain clientele??? who knows!

That thought struck me as well. I got the idea they were appealing to lonely fishermen ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Does anyone know the business or the area at all? It looks like a stunning location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mullaghmore Co.Sligo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Mullaghmore Co.Sligo

Yes I figured that much from the show!

What I meant was "know" the area as in, are there any other hotels in the area, or is it all self catering and B & B,any joined up local thinking on is marketing the region, is there much passing trade and will the Wild Atlantic Way help?

What kind of tourists does the area get? Is it outdoor activity types, golfers,cyclists, hillwalkers, families, any coach tour trade etc?

With that bit of scenery we saw, you would think the place could do very well if it was marketed and managed properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Radio5 wrote: »
    Yes I figured that much from the show!

What I meant was "know" the area as in, are there any other hotels in the area, or is it all self catering and B & B,any joined up local thinking on is marketing the region, is there much passing trade and will the Wild Atlantic Way help?

What kind of tourists does the area get? Is it outdoor activity types, golfers,cyclists, hillwalkers, families, any coach tour trade etc?

With that bit of scenery we saw, you would think the place could do very well if it was marketed and managed properly.

There's a nicer hotel in Mullaghmore, the Pier Head. It's not fancy or anything but there would be music in the bar on weekends etc. Cheap rooms too, and a pool. In terms of tourists I think Mullaghmore mainly attracts surfers and families. It's a really beautiful area :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Here we go.again....

Hope they've got a dog...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Francis time! Who's watching this evening?

Teehee, the Batman and Robin of hospitality, I love it!
    Evenin' all!

Meeeeee!

What's the prize tonight ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurray - boats!

My total and utter obsession :D

Ooooh this place isn't just tired, it's totally exhausted! So long yellow curtains, bye bye carpet with suspicious looking stain!

That pink exterior is sooooo 70's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Had to tear myself away from Call the Midwive

Oh such a yocky dated house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Had to tear myself away from Call the Midwive

Mrs Crinklewood has been screaming that for the last half hour, didn't even know she liked that show.

The old beds are beautiful, it would be lovely if they played up the fab details they have... Calling Carl Fradgely, come in Carl!

Oh such a yocky beautiful but dated house

FYP!

The family units are worse!!!

The family units are worse!!!

Shocking! That bedspread needs to go on the fire immediately!

Haha, I'd hate to see Francis trying to tie a boat up in a stiff crosswind :eek: :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Haha, I'd hate to see Francis trying to tie a boat up in a stiff crosswind :eek: :D

Really? I'd say that'd make great TV to be honest :D

• Advertisement

Ah Jaysus, Francis - as if they didn't have enough to be doing without making them start a campsite!

Advertisement