Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Francis in the (pristine) overalls with crisp white shirt and tie underneath :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

The mother is a hassle merchant !

Ah lads, he's the absolute spit of Richard Curran!

Maybe with a few less freckles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Karl is not happy

Oooh, nice job on the hall!

• Advertisement

The stations of the cross :D:D:D

Awful pastel colours in the pool - disastrous!

30% to 40% occupancy?

Hardly something to break out the bubbly for.... although better than the other direction I suppose!

Oh that yellow :eek:

Yellow is such a DIFFICULT colour! Very very hard to get right.

And curtains in a swimming pool are just WRONG!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Those curtains are hideous, why would you have curtains in a pool ffs?!

I looked up their website, no mention of the leisure centre... and one site suggesting it was for sale (although I don't know when that dated from). I wonder what the story is with the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I'm home again now and back to reality after my lovely stay at The Park. Luckily I have tomorrow to look forward to before I have to go back to work!

We drove down on Saturday, quite a long drive from just outside Dublin but we took our time and stopped for lunch along the way.

When we got to The Park it was just after 3 o'clock and the place was very busy but straight away someone took our bags and told us to sit down at reception and someone would be right with us. Check in was very smooth, asked us had we had a nice journey, did we want to book dinner for that evening, did we need any information about the area. Just nice and friendly and made sure everything we might need was covered. She showed us to our room then and left us to it. Our bags arrived a few minutes later.

The room itself was very nice, we had a nice big balcony overlooking the gardens to the side. Everything was just right, as you'd expect in Francis' hotel! The room is quite old-fashioned but not dated looking. Everything is in keeping with the age of the building I suppose! The room was quite spacious but a funny shape, I think because it's the corner room. The one thing I'd be disappointed with was the bathroom. It was perfectly clean and everything worked but the shower was just attached to the bath taps rather than a proper power shower. But that's a very small complaint!

We didn't eat dinner there either night as we were out and about a lot but the breakfast was lovely both mornings. Service was great again, so friendly and couldn't do enough to help you. The restaurant has a fabulous view over Kenmare Bay.

The pool and spa are fab, ultra modern and a real contrast to the rest of the hotel. Again everything is just perfectly laid out and the staff seem to anticipate anything you might need before you even ask.

We spent both evenings in the bar and there's just a lovely ambience about the place. The staff were chatty and eager to recommend things to do, it's obvious that they like working there and want you to have a good experience.

And finally the brothers themselves! Well Francis is in New York so unfortunately I didn't see him at all but John was there and was just as nice as he comes across on the telly. He was buzzing around most of the time sorting things out but he did take the time to come over and talk to us when we were in the bar yesterday evening.

All in all I'd definitely recommend it! I'm feeling very rested after my weekend and the whole place is just so relaxing! They've lovely grounds and a great big park right behind the hotel so we spent a few hours traipsing round that. While I've probably stayed in more luxurious hotels I don't think I've ever had such nice and friendly service. I can't wait to go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Another revisit ep @ 20:30 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Watching it. I remember it on first time. Keen to see how she got on. The follyer uppers are crucial programmes...

Gah - forgot it was gone 8.30!

Playing catch-up now. I remember this one too.

The follyer-uppers are a great idea!

The peach and mustard and orange bathroom suites :eek:

And the (very) deep-fried eggs for breakfast :eek::eek::eek:

Well you can see it @ 21:30 on +1 these days...

Thargor wrote: »
    Well you can see it @ 21:30 on +1 these days...
    Ah I had it recording, so I'm just a bit behind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Where is this location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Where is this location?

Just outside Rosslare...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Where is this location?

Rosslare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It's on......

It may be Easter, but it feels like Christmas with bit if unexpected Francis

• Advertisement

I remember this from the first time round - and I suspect I might have said it at the time, but where on earth would you start with this lot :eek:

Ah feck, thought it was a "revisited" one. Not just a repeat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭skydish79

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ah feck, thought it was a "revisited" one. Not just a repeat :(

RTE really should have repeat logo on the screen especially during prime time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I enjoyed watching this again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

https://twitter.com/francisbrennanb/status/587705919988981761

New Series in January 2016. We will have to make do with repeats until then.

Is there a thread on (or does anyone else watch) Fergal Quinn's Retail Therapy?

It was on last night, I've no idea if it was a repeat or not, but it was great - back to the tradition of these programmes where they went in and actually made a difference.

I hope At Your Service picks itself up again, it had got very lame of late (and I HATE saying that!)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is there a thread on (or does anyone else watch) Fergal Quinn's Retail Therapy?

It was on last night, I've no idea if it was a repeat or not, but it was great - back to the tradition of these programmes where they went in and actually made a difference.

I hope At Your Service picks itself up again, it had got very lame of late (and I HATE saying that!)
    Was that the panicky woman in the classic old fashioned Irish piles -of-everything shop complete with water damaged carpets and roof tiles or was that last week? Yeah I thought it was very good aswell, he genuinely did rip it out and give her a chance at success unlike most of these shows as you say. Felt sorry for her, she seemed like she was about to start crying all the time, also the town was basically dead, 30 out of 40 units on the main street unoccupied.

The only one of those Id watched before was a garden centre in cork where he just tidied it up a bit and turned a spare room into a tiny coffee counter, thought it was a bit lame and never watched again but this one was transformational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I had seen that when it originally aired. Excellent! Would love to drop in there, when in that area.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Skid X wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/francisbrennanb/status/587705919988981761

New Series in January 2016. We will have to make do with repeats until then.

I heard himself being interviewed on the radio and John said "this series" is his last. This series being the last one shown in RTE.

• Advertisement

This repeat is a new one on me.

Francis has his work cut out! In a nice way, though.

The sight of Francis laid out on a bed in his dressing gown in a slightly risqué pose has fairly unsettled my dinner though :eek:

Advertisement