Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What a delightfully dotty pair!

Am I the only one watching???

Wasn't that just a rip-roaring party to finish :eek: :D

Hope that pair do well - they were lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Francis time......wonder if he'll marry me??

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

Francis time......wonder if he'll marry me??

Be careful what you wish for! Francis is great on TV a couple of hours a week but 24/7 in real life :eek: !? That would be my idea of a nightmare :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see Francis Brennan will be on the Late Late Show tonight, he is promoting his new book "Counting My Blessings: Francis Brennan's Guide To Happiness"

Coming soon to a Book Signing near you!

francisbrennan22.png

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/book-news/francis-brennan-takes-to-the-road-in-his-happiness-tour-truck-to-spread-some-cheer-31573781.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I think he was great on The Late Late. Well done Francis. I admire you for being your own man. You dealt well with Tubridy's demented questioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

happyday wrote: »
    I think he was great on The Late Late. Well done Francis. I admire you for being your own man. You dealt well with Tubridy's demented questioning.

"demented questioning" lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

RTE just seem to keep on repeating old series again and again. Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

A tour de force from Francis in this episode. He's gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

that looks like some craic.. I think I want to go myself... !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

When is the new series on? 2016?

Radio5 wrote: »
    When is the new series on? 2016?

Back for a Christmas Special, then a new series in early 2016.

They are looking for help for the renovation of the Cork Penny Dinners at the moment

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cork-soup-kitchen-set-for-at-your-service-overhaul-360452.html
    Cork Penny Dinners, based on Little Hanover Street, will be the subject of the brothers’ At Your Service TV Christmas special later this year.

While the RTÉ production usually focuses on guesthouses, bed and breakfasts and small hotels across the country, in recent years the show has taken a more charity-focused approach when filming its holiday special.

Their ‘wishlist’ includes kitchen equipment, dining room furnishings and a mode of transport.

“The Penny Dinners volunteers take it in turns to collect various donations of bread, foodstuffs and other items every day. Each of the volunteers has to use their own car, which is unsustainable due to the sheer volume of collections, meaning several runs,” said the brothers in a statement.

“They would love a van to use for this purpose. They would also be able to use this vehicle to drop donation to those in need.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

At your Service is on RTE One now. Why is that happening?

It should be the movie Despicable Me being shown now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

At your Service is on RTE One now. Why is that happening?

It should be the movie Despicable Me being shown now.

I think news over ran due to French atrocity and now a prime time specisl too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I actually thought it was a good one to show, something about seeing people do good things for others to remind us to look at the good things people do for each other, especially given the events in Paris. It was a little oasis in a day of sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I saw Francis Brennan yesterday in the River Lee Hotel in Cork but I was too shy to go up and say 'hello'. I'm sorry I didn't now. He's the best!

Christmas Special!

At Your Service (Christmas Day 7.35pm) Ireland’s top hoteliers Francis and John Brennan are back to undertake a special Christmas project with one of Cork’s oldest caring organisations, Penny Dinners, a soup kitchen providing hot meals to homeless people in the centre of the city.

http://presspack.rte.ie/2015/12/02/rte-announces-selection-box-of-treats-and-favourites-in-christmas-line-up/

Skid X wrote: »
    Christmas Special!

At Your Service (Christmas Day 7.35pm) Ireland’s top hoteliers Francis and John Brennan are back to undertake a special Christmas project with one of Cork’s oldest caring organisations, Penny Dinners, a soup kitchen providing hot meals to homeless people in the centre of the city.

http://presspack.rte.ie/2015/12/02/rte-announces-selection-box-of-treats-and-favourites-in-christmas-line-up/

Yayy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fair play to all the volunteers

Great episode and made me think I'm such a cow for feeling sad about stupid things today.

Fair play to all the volunteers, the lady caitriona was so lovely in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

A great episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

New series begins Jan 3rd.

Radio5 wrote: »
    New series begins Jan 3rd.
    Minus the lovely John, though???

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Minus the lovely John, though???

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why?

John's not doing it anymore Liz. Concentrating on other aspects of his business (glamping and the hotel I guess?)

Just Francis!

Obviously I love Francis but I do think the appeal of the show was the two of them together...

amdublin wrote: »
    John's not doing it anymore Liz. Concentrating on other aspects of his business (glamping and the hotel I guess?)

Just Francis!

Obviously I love Francis but I do think the appeal of the show was the two of them together...

I think I will find Francis on his own quite ott, John has more business knowledge

Half an hour away. ......

It's just not going to be the same without John though :mad:

*stamps foot*

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It's just not going to be the same without John though :mad:

*stamps foot*

You'd annoy them more if you put the toilet paper in the wrong way around. ..

• Advertisement

You'd annoy them more if you put the toilet paper in the wrong way around. ..
    Oh I'm far worse than Francis for that :D Got trained as a chambermaid in my dim and distant past in a 5* hotel, and am ever since constitutionally incapable of leaving a loo roll that's hanging the wrong way around!!!

Advertisement