Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I'm enjoying it!

Francis taking on the John role of discussing the finances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How in the name of God is that woman maintaining herself and that pile of a house (never mind the derelict ones!) by selling Victoria sponges and flapjacks :confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How in the name of God is that woman maintaining herself and that pile of a house (never mind the derelict ones!) by selling Victoria sponges and flapjacks :confused:

Carer's allowance maybe, her Mum would have a pension coming into the house and they quite likely have potloads of old cash.

Augeo wrote: »
    Carer's allowance maybe, her Mum would have a pension coming into the house and they quite likely have potloads of old cash.
    I thought they said the Mum died recently? Or am I raving???

They said she was caring for her Mum and showed her mum pottering about with a few flowers.

I would think mum lives in the bighouse too.

• Advertisement

OK, I'm raving :eek:

(or maybe had one too many glasses of wine!)

That stone cottage lounge looks anything but cosy!

Gah - I HATE badly made beds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

I only watched the second part of the programm but I must say I am not very optimistic about the future of that business. Caroline (I believe it's her name?) doesn't seem to be made for that kind of job: 1) She seems lovely but quite uncomfortable with people, 2) She seems to have a 'that will do' kind of mentality which to often results in a bit of dust here and there and a few bulbs missing , 3) She doesn't seem to have a familly behind her and to often that means having to pay for help as soon as it gets a bit too much specially as she doesn't seem to be as mobile as a younger, fitter, person.

I hope, I am wrong. She does seem lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Landcruiser she had would burn the money made on the cakes getting to and from the market in fuel alone :D

Francis is right about the WIFI, you could be paying good money to stay in an "authentic" Irish Cottage (run down old damp thatched cottage) and once you had your WIFI to give updates on your travels you would be happy as a pig in sheite.

I see Cathy Belton (Patricia Hennessy) of Red Rock fame is doing the VO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Just caught up on this now, strange to see Francis doing the accounts bit. A good episode but I can't see her making a viable business out of it long term. It's a lot to take on by herself especially when she has no experience of the hospitality industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

A good show! One part I felt was a little sad was to see Caroline slaving away in the kitchen, dressed in her everyday work clothes, at the height of the wedding. Her mother is a great woman for her age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Those dead flies at the start :eek: ... I know they want to exaggerate the difference between the 'before 'and 'after' but that was revolting. I couldn't take that place seriously after that.

Also, John's Market Research would have been rigorous than Francis's. His questions and tone were very leading.

"Do you like these pastries?"

"Would you pay more for them? Just a bit more?"

No wonder 99% of people said they would pay more. How could you say no to Francis, especially on camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Skid X wrote: »

No wonder 99% of people said they would pay more. How could you say no to Francis, especially on camera?

I had to laugh at the 99%. He hardly asked 100 people and only one said she mightn't pay more that we saw anyway. 40 cent a flapjack - she was giving them away!

An Undertakers (and Bar and Restaurant), that's a new one for this show (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I saw tonight's landlord somewhere recently on TV, either Ardal O'hanlons funeral programme or Tje Irish pub thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Skid X wrote: »
    An Undertakers (and Bar and Restaurant), that's a new one for this show (I think).
    Very common business model out Wesht.

Thargor wrote: »
    Very common business model out Wesht.

Ah yeah, the lifeblood of many villages (in all parts of the country). Usually with a shop attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Francis has a new partner in crime tonight, I'll have to rewind and find out who it is when the wife stops talking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

The orange colour is rotten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Just switched on.......what's going on???!!!!

I'm very taken with the organic biodegradable coffin.

I'd prefer to be cremated but my nearest n dearest aren't too keen. As I'll be gone and they'll be here i might leave it to them to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

I saw tonight's landlord somewhere recently on TV, either Ardal O'hanlons funeral programme or Tje Irish pub thing

He was in both as far as I remember. They were both brilliant programmes

Just switched on.......what's going on???!!!!

Overhaul of pub/ funeral home business

It's all over the place ... Going to Glasnevin Cemetery to learn about online records and heading to England for a hipster Funeral exhibition aren't really going to help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Francis Brennan for president

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

The show is really missing John i think. He was the business brains and Francis the frontman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

All he did was paint the place

He knew exactly what needed to be done before Francis went near him.

The more years pass, the more people are on this show just for the free publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ah damnit anyway I missed this tonight

Advertisement