Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

amdublin wrote: »
    What's the story with it? Did they buy it? Are they in the business??

Bought from receivership was mentioned I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ooh I like the look of the place in Tralee!
    The rooms look pretty grim, looking forward to seeing them revamped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

amdublin wrote: »
    What's the story with it? Did they buy it? Are they in the business??

Originally their family's ( I think) went into receivership, and now they want to get it back (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I like the lady's clothes. She is very smart looking.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Ooh I like the look of the place in Tralee!
    The rooms look pretty grim, looking forward to seeing them revamped

Ballygarry hotel is amazing. Absolutely fabulous service, have been at some great weddings there. Very slick operation. The nadur spa is great too

• Advertisement

Looks like they put on a great wedding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

That episode felt very quick, they didn't need too much help though. They've a lovely function room, nice grounds and Francis never mentioned the food so I assume it's good. They'll probably do well with weddings.

Just had a look at the Twin Trees website and it's an awful mess - text running over photos and therefore illegible, poor phrasing on the wedding menu, links that go nowhere - disappointing that they don't have their website on point knowing the show would be televised tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

dee_mc wrote: »
    Just had a look at the Twin Trees website and it's an awful mess - text running over photos and therefore illegible, poor phrasing on the wedding menu, links that go nowhere - disappointing that they don't have their website on point knowing the show would be televised tonight.
    http://www.twintreeshotel.ie/

Its grand, better than most :confused:

Thargor wrote: »
    http://www.twintreeshotel.ie/

Its grand, better than most :confused:

18 mistakes in the wedding menu, stray apostrophes and random capital letters in the middle of sentences all over the website - I'm a self-confessed spelling and grammar Nazi, so that sort of lack of attention to detail gets to me.
    They have great testimonials from couples who have had their wedding at the hotel, but it's hard to read because they didn't bother to check that the text wasn't running over photos.
    They seem like a great couple who really want to make a go of their business - in my opinion, the website doesn't reflect this whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I got married there many moons ago. It was a great venue then. I wish them well and hope they get it back to what it was in its heyday. They work very hard and have two young daughters. It's a tough life they lead. Thought they came across very well. I must mention to her the errors on their wedding menu. She'd appreciate the feedback.

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    I got married there many moons ago. It was a great venue then. I wish them well and hope they get it back to what it was in its heyday. They work very hard and have two young daughters. It's a tough life they lead. Thought they came across very well. I must mention to her the errors on their wedding menu. She'd appreciate the feedback.

That's brilliant, I was thinking of emailing them but thought it might seem odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Lovely place! I remember when that was the Downhill Hotel when I was a child - donkeys years ago!

The place Frances took them to was stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Lovely place! I remember when that was the Downhill Hotel when I was a child - donkeys years ago!

The place Frances took them to was stunning.

Extremely hard-working couple. They deserve to do well.

Apart from weddings, the Active Retirement Groups seem to be a Gods-send for hotels, especially in the off-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I thought the bones of the hotel were there - could probably do with some colour or personalisation - it just looked a bit bland and could be any hotel really.
    But one thing that jumped out at me was the two owners saying they do 100 hour weeks each - yet apart from the receptionist and one other staff member - the program seemed to show little or no staff in the place. They showed the male owner pulling pints behind the bar. It showed the two owners setting the tables for breakfast and for the wedding - I would have thought they should have staff doing that and then management checking it after, it certainly would free up their time. So I'm guessing they've been trying to do everything in the hotel. I'm surprised Francis didn't say anything to them about their time management.

Ilovelucy wrote: »

You could direct her to this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ah the state of this place.

I am all for recycling and reusing but this man is just a hoarder. He's spent 25 years "running" place i.e. collecting sh1te

'Where would you get it indeed'!!

Love Francis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

This is going to be gas!

Is that shower safe?

• Advertisement

This man is horizontal

Dumped is right. It's a big dumping ground.

Ha ha aha Francis is getting some good slags in!

For the birds!

Francis is trying to be nice about the clutter but I'd say it's driving him mad!

That porridge looks rotten!

All those stacking chairs??? It looks like they were being thrown out from a school.

The front door :eek: :eek: :eek:

yay new linen!

Poor Francis doesn't quite know what to make of him!

Donate the linen to a charity that sends it to Syria/3rd world etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is like a pisstake episode for Comic Relief or something.

Advertisement