Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Rachel and Steve?
    Or Steve and Rachel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

tampopo wrote: »
    Rachel and Steve?
    Or Steve and Rachel?

Ooops, David. My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Last night's repeat was the cluttered hostel in Letterfrack. It looked like an old railway station and really only seemed to need the owner to get a move on and hire a skip for all his junk and do a bit of maintenence.

Loved the place in Loughrea that they had him visit. Really looked fantastic.

Roll on the new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I nearly met Francis in my local Dunnes on Saturday (in the sense that I was there returning some gone-off turkey steaks and he was in the car park!) There was a queue of very excited Francis groupies waiting for the meet'n'greet 15 minutes or so before he was due to arrive to promote his new collection. Apparently his stuff is selling well and his bath mats in particular are great quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Radio5 wrote: »
    Last night's repeat was the cluttered hostel in Letterfrack. It looked like an old railway station and really only seemed to need the owner to get a move on and hire a skip for all his junk and do a bit of maintenence.

Loved the place in Loughrea that they had him visit. Really looked fantastic.

Roll on the new series.

I am sure that episode has been shown at least 3 times before already on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

I can't understand why they always repeat the recent episodes rather than ones from the early series.

I wonder if they may have to check and see if the places are still in business before they repeat them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

There's a new episode tonight, looks like the start of a new series

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/29193-a-new-year-s-day-billing-for-ted-s
    A YEAR of excitement for the staff and patrons of Ted’s bar and café culminates on New Year’s Day as the well-established bar features on RTÉ’s popular TV show, At Your Service.
    Proprietors Maeve and Darren Molloy received the mentorship of celebrity hoteliers Francis and John Brennan over the summer months, implementing a plan which has re-energised one of Achill’s iconic businesses.

Ted’s bar is located in the village of Cashel in the centre of Achill Island along the main road to Keel. The family run bar which has been in existence for over 60 years was renovated over the summer months and the RTÉ camera’s were on hand to capture the changes.
    The function room attached to the bar has been converted into a café and restaurant and Brennan was on hand to offer his expert advice to Maeve and Darren Molloy on their new venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Enthusiastic couple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

dee_mc wrote: »
    I nearly met Francis in my local Dunnes on Saturday (in the sense that I was there returning some gone-off turkey steaks and he was in the car park!) There was a queue of very excited Francis groupies waiting for the meet'n'greet 15 minutes or so before he was due to arrive to promote his new collection. Apparently his stuff is selling well and his bath mats in particular are great quality!

I bought a quilt cover and pillow cases. They are amazing! Not cheap but worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I bought a quilt cover and pillow cases. They are amazing! Not cheap but worth every penny.
    I have my beady eye on a quilt cover set - feels absolutely gorgeous, but as you say, not cheap. Was disgusted to see his range not reduced in the NY sale.... maybe it's too new?

Watching the new episode on +1.... god bless their energy is all I have to say! And did I imagine it, or has her Da opened a bar just down the road in competition with them?? :eek:

Oh Christ, the state of the weather on the opening day :eek: And she in her lovely gúna... how is she not perished!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is John back again?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is John back again?

Yeah, John is back which is great to see. The show works better with the two of them.

The owners did a nice job on the renovations, hopefully the Wild Atlantic Way will drive some customers their way.

The announcer said at the end that the new series of At Your Service begins in 'The Spring', it was a bit odd to stick in one new episode on its own.

Any idea when this is back?

At Your Service waltzes back for a full new series starting Sunday at 8.30pm

Series 9 Ep 1 Francis and John Brennan come to the aid of the old-fashioned owner of a struggling guesthouse, and try to persuade her that she needs to pay attention to internet reviews, which can have a far more significant effect on a business than she is aware. She also has to make plans for how the house will be run after her son leaves to work overseas

https://twitter.com/francisbrennanb/status/845370799825588225

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Skid X wrote: »
    At Your Service waltzes back for a full new series starting Sunday at 8.30pm

Series 9 Ep 1 Francis and John Brennan come to the aid of the old-fashioned owner of a struggling guesthouse, and try to persuade her that she needs to pay attention to internet reviews, which can have a far more significant effect on a business than she is aware. She also has to make plans for how the house will be run after her son leaves to work overseas

https://twitter.com/francisbrennanb/status/845370799825588225

Good news! Mam and me were wondering what to watch now that DWTSIRL is finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm watching!! Anyone else?

I hope he can help these people. They seem a bit lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

And we're off! That mother is gas!

• Advertisement

Oh my sainted aunt :eek:

What a pair!!

You could lose a Lotto win (or maybe two) doing this place right!

Ooooh, secret shoppers!!!

That's a bit bold :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ooooh, secret shoppers!!!

That's a bit bold :eek:

Accurate though. If they really want to improve they need blunt honesty.

"Very attentive" hospitality - I can read between those two lines :D

De Mammy would have you haunted i'd say!

Ooooh, I was there for lunch about two years ago - twas only fabulous!

Food was to die for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Neil's gone! Must have been a row

Ah, poor Mammy..... wouldn't fancy tackling that size of a job by myself at that age :o

(at any age, actually!)

I notice The Park Kenmare is getting a lot of coverage this series so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

She reminds me a bit of Celia Holman Lee!

Advertisement