Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I saw a trailer on on RTE1 for a new Christmas special, looks good

Thursday 28 December 2017 9.30 pm

http://www.waddellmedia.com/news/view/at-your-service-to-the-rescue-2017
    CAREBRIGHT COMMUNITY, BRUFF

This is the Brennan’s biggest Christmas Challenge ever!

The Brennans are called in to fit out and furnish Ireland’s first purpose-built community for people living with dementia.

Will they be able to finish the fit-out in time for the open day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Thanks, Skid X. I must make sure to watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Christmas special starting now!

ETA - Oh god, 2 minutes in and I'm already not sure if I'll be able to make it to the end.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Looks like it will be a great episode. I love the concept of these villages

They have a HUGE job of work to do

This is the Dutch village https://hogeweyk.dementiavillage.com/en/

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Christmas special starting now!

ETA - Oh god, 2 minutes in and I'm already not sure if I'll be able to make it to the end.....

Thanks for the reminder, HeidiHeid. I've put it to Record on +1, so that I can see it all.i

I wish they would have said what the name of the store was that gave all the electrical items

Will that man's Mammy not wonder where her lovely dresser is gone to ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Will that man's Mammy not wonder where her lovely dresser is gone to ? :confused:

She has totally forgotten about the dresser I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I wish they would have said what the name of the store was that gave all the electrical items

I SAw a sign for ‘expert’ do I’m guessing it’s the local electrical store in kilmallock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

It's Finucane's Electrical.

I'm not keen on that aubergine colour - it's not really something you would put on your skirting boards in your own home

chatjunkie wrote: »
    It's Finucane's Electrical.

Good on them

Cathy is one brave lady

Cathy is one brave lady
    That is a very, very scary prospect.

On a lighter note, that's a fine pair of beards her sons have :D

I don't like people rushing to finish this kind of project, take your time and do it properly even if it means everything isn't finished in time for the ribbon cutting.

Skid X wrote: »
    I don't like people rushing to finish this kind of project, take your time and do it properly even if it means everything isn't finished in time for the ribbon cutting.
    I was just wondering this very minute if it was all really done in one day, or is it just edited to look like that?

The absolute army you'd need to fit/assemble/plant/etc would be off the scale!

And plus, don't tell me that while everyone was planting/assembling/fitting they were gandering off to the radio station to make appeals?

I'm a bit sceptical tbh.

Pity they have to resort to gimmicks like that, it's a powerful enough story all by itself.

Oooh that wallpaper was amazing!

Awwww, the donkey!!!!!!

Wonder how they'll pick the residents?

It's a fine line between thoughtful nostalgic donations, and a place to jettison yer junk to!

Wonder did they have to vet the donations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's a fine line between thoughtful nostalgic donations, and a place to jettison yer junk to!

I reckon they would have .

Was in our local Vincent’s shop lately.
    2 ladies were going through stuff that was left on their door step. They were so sad as only one item could be used or sold. Must things were broken . They says their bin costs were crippling.

And some of the older items didn't look very relevant to younger people like for example the young lady with early onset alzheimer

I heard part of an interview with one of the Centre's Founders today with Ivan Yates on Newstalk - she said the plan was that residents fee would be paid via the Fair Deal Scheme, but it didn't sound like it was finalised.

Hope they can make it work, it's a great idea but the running costs must be huge for those Buildings and Grounds.

It's an awe-inspiring story. I've kept the recording so I can watch it again at a later date. This is history making. There was a huge list at the end of all the donors. No doubt, Ireland is a great country and the Brennans have played a huge part in bringing this first ever venture in Ireland of this type, to the attention of the public. Hopefully, it will be the first of many more similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Did Harvey Norman just give a few cushions???
    I agree the Expert Electrical shop should have been named.

Did Harvey Norman just give a few cushions???
    I agree the Expert Electrical shop should have been named.

Maybe watch it again to find out - or read my post
    There was a huge list at the end of all the donors.

The electrical suppliers at the start had their name over their door, Finnucane's, displayed more than once.

I don't think the cushions were from Harvey Norman BTW.

Oooh, I'm conflicted!!!

John and Francis on the wireless at the moment - but being interviewed by Miriam O'Callaghan :mad:

I'm still tuned in.... for the moment......

Looks like a new series begins Sunday April 8th at 8.30pm

Hoteliers Francis and John Brennan give a makeover to Shankill Castle, owned by a family of artists and historians who are struggling to make ends meet

https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2017/09/28/celeb-hotelier-francis-brennan-lends-his-expertise-to-opening-of-new-cafe-at-shankill-castle/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bump.

No dog yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh jaysis

Jolly hollysticks, tally ho

Advertisement