Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How much was the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Think they should have a competition each week linked to the place being done up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pjohnson wrote: »
    How much was the budget?

250k now doubled

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

No TVS?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No TVS?
    Well ain't that a blessing. I'd nearly travel down to give them my business on that basis alone!

Is yer man's day job running a steel fabrication workshop, by any chance??? Only for the fact that they never mentioned the name of it, I'd have assumed he'd paid for it to be plugged ad nauseum :rolleyes:

That was a strange episode. Couldn't really take to the two owners, or the place for that matter, although it looks like they did a nice job of it. But they'd want to have, for the money they spent :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Also no dogs in the episode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I liked how John only appeared at the start to say "I stay away from Golf Courses, they eat money", and then left Francis to sort it out!

I think that was the last in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Skid X wrote: »
    I liked how John only appeared at the start to say "I stay away from Golf Courses, they eat money", and then left Francis to sort it out!

I think that was the last in the series.
    Ahhh they never said that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

That last episode was very weak. Literally nothing happened except they hit some grey beards in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its been boring ep after boring ep this series tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

That last episode was very weak. Literally nothing happened except they hit some grey beards in.

And we got to see the empty upstairs room in exactly the same condition three times! What was the point of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Agree it wasn't the most inspiring of series. This last golf course one in particular.

Yer man needed a bomb put under him. And it wasn't the most inspiring of golf courses to start with (although I'm admittedly no expert on golf courses!).

I wonder has the whole thing just run its course?

The other thing that occurred to me during the last couple of episodes was that it's just turned into a half-hour advertorial for whatever county and/or business they happen to be in. Was particularly blatant this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just watching now-owner would drive me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Repeat last night of the couple taking over the hotel in Monaghan that had been closed since the crash. I wonder how it's doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Radio5 wrote: »
    Repeat last night of the couple taking over the hotel in Monaghan that had been closed since the crash. I wonder how it's doing now?

I googled it and it seems to be fine. Really pushing the weddings. Looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Radio5 wrote: »

Is that the episode which is pretty much an advert for the Tracey hotel group. They also did one in Clare a few years back.

These episodes put me off the show.

Is that the episode which is pretty much an advert for the Tracey hotel group. They also did one in Clare a few years back.

These episodes put me off the show.

100% agree. One big advert and any basic googling showed that the couple opening an hotel was a little bit of a white lie. It's part of a group of hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

New series starts on Sunday at 8.30pm

Here is a picture of Francis and John on a Tank

https://twitter.com/francisbrennanb/status/1111058777686581249

Francis and John Brennan transform a cafe at the Irish Military Museum in Starinagh, Co Meath, where the owner's collection of military artefacts is getting out of hand

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has the narrators voice changed?

I don't like the sound of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Has the narrators voice changed?

I don't like the sound of it.

Yeah ... its familiar though. Didn't catch the credits.

• Advertisement

It was Craig Doyle.

I never minded his voice in the past but didn't like it on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Who says advertising doesn't work.

Enjoyed that show and now thinking of a family trip to visit the museum!!

Francis advising twin bed's rather than one double in a room cause you can put them together pull them apart depending on your need. I know it's done a lot but I find it 'fierce sly'. If I book and pay for a double ....I want an actual double bed.

Be very unimpressed to think a place like his expensive hotel on kerry would do such a thing.

It was Craig Doyle.

I never minded his voice in the past but didn't like it on that.

Oh whatever happened to him...He made it in England for a bit didn't he. Had the looks and the voice....It was just the personality / charisma of cardboard that did for him.

Oh whatever happened to him...He made it in England for a bit didn't he. Had the looks and the voice....It was just the personality / charisma of cardboard that did for him.

I actually kind of liked him.
    Last I remember of him he was in an ad for windows or installation.

Anyone watch this week! Nice dog in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

The dog was lovely :D
    The place has a lot of potential! I would add an awning to the huts with an outdoor table and chair set. I actually think there are too many beds in the huts. I'd like a table and chairs for board games etc.
    They did a lot of work in the time though so fair play to them!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

jellybear wrote: »
    The dog was lovely :D
    The place has a lot of potential! I would add an awning to the huts with an outdoor table and chair set. I actually think there are too many beds in the huts. I'd like a table and chairs for board games etc.
    They did a lot of work in the time though so fair play to them!:)

Is this a repeat or a new series please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

New series, first ep last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thargor wrote: »
    New series, first ep last week.

Thanks a mil, have put it recording on +1.
    In Line of Duty land now :)

Advertisement