Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

1666768697072»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

I don't think it was the same couple getting married. The wedding shown was held a month later and it wasn't the same bride.

I honestly don't know where they spent the money. I had such high hopes and thought the designer's ideas would have worked so well but it just looks like they repainted a few walls and moved the furniture around. Would never have chosen it for my own wedding. Just not special enough at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

They only had 20,000Eu to spend. In a house of that size, that wouldn't go very far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

They only had 20,000Eu to spend. In a house of that size, that wouldn't go very far.

In my opinion, it should have been spent on 1 area instead of the few that they did. Quality over quantity. I would have spent it on the overflow/bar area and if possible, the connecting room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

More dog scenes needed for future episodes.

Bit weird that we didn't see any other accommodation or other parts of the grounds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The face on Francis when she told him the new name of the shop was priceless, he was not impressed 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186621-d15277055-Reviews-Bakehouse_22-Limerick_County_Limerick.html

Looks like they're doing alright, that was a good turnaround, always feel a bit depressed when out West and you go into those old fashioned cluttered shops that you feel are kind of doomed...

Really interesting show tonight, and fair play to the Brennans for bringing in outside advice. Hope the cafe goes from strength to strength, seemed like a decent couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Fergal Quinn would’ve loved jazzing up that shop :(

No dog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Lisha wrote: »
    Fergal Quinn would’ve loved jazzing up that shop :(

Exactly what I was thinking! I couldn't believe they were doing up a shop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You could be forgiven for thinking it was a pure restaurant by just by looking at it from the outside.

You could be forgiven for thinking it was a pure restaurant by just by looking at it from the outside.

Yeah, John was right to point it out. Though, I know the street, anyone in the area knows it's a shop I suppose.

As an aside, fair play to them for trying something, it's a street in need of a lot of investment. There's a micro brewery (Treaty City) opening up a visitor "experience" beside them, hope it works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It was a very good transformation hope it all works out for them.

Last in series this evening. Hoping for dogs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Last in series this evening. Hoping for dogs!
    Poor showing of dogs this series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Nice of Francis to take time out from Francis Brennan's Grand Tour to ring the couple on their At Your Service trip to Germany

He must be kept busy doing all these shows and running a hotel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Lovely place and very pleasant owners. True, the place did look a bit institutional at the start. One of the guests at the end said it had been a bit "hostelly" before the makeover. The German place was gorgeous. Great example for the couple to work from. Using Mayo as a theme was interesting. Made for unusual colour choices. Wishing the Owners and their Team all the best for their future success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Only caught up on the last episode the other night ..... and I laughed, as I've stayed there a number of times!!

Institutional is exactly the right word to describe it :D

And they had the most godawful uncomfortable sofas and chairs EVER.

But it's a great location, and they were so lovely.

They seemed really happy to take all the advice on board, I hope they go from strength to strength, I'd love to see the new incarnation some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A hour long series tonight with both brothers back

FFS TB in some the animals 😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭cute geoge

great opening programe ,murphys law what can go wrong ,will go wrong .Cottages turned out excellent in the end but not without plenty pf headaches .The show will do no harm to bookings for the summer anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭jos28

Great opening episode, very unique set up. The poor man, I don't know how he kept going. The cottages were beautiful and the setting was fab. I hope it all goes very well for him and he starts making a few bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

The cottages were lovely, awful to lose 17 alpacas and get diagnosed with cancer in the same week. Hopefully the show will increase bookings, I've stayed in a place after seeing it featured on this programme in the past and it lived up to my expectations.

Advertisement