Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - Credit Card amount sold to Intrum

• 26-07-2022 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all

I had a Credit Card with AIB with a limit of €1000

I went over this amount and didn't make any payments for a 4/5 month period from October onwards. The account was sold onto Intrum (which I missed a home house letter for unfortunately making this aware) in January or February I believe

I had some spare money in May and had intended to knock a bit off it (assuming it was still with AIB), so paid over €400 from mid-May to mid-June

Today I just had a notion really to see if the account was still 'active' and they said the account was sold to Intrum earlier this year so they have nothing to do with the account anymore. I asked where the money I had paid last month had gone (since I made the payment on AIB's app from Current Acc to Credit Card) and again they couldn't help with that

Ideally I could keep chipping away at the amount on AIB's app rather than dealing with a 3rd party but I'm not sure if that money is going into a black hole or not

Any ideas if AIB would at all help me here? Really don't want to deal with a debt collection crowd

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If AIB have sold your debt then you don't have a choice but to deal with the new owners of the debt, as you have discovered AIB no longer have any interest in it.

You need to engage with Intrum and find out what happened to the 400 Euro you paid in, most likely it is but if not you need to follow it up and make sure it is correctly accounted for. Then you need to agree a payment plan and stick to it. If you are reasonable with them you can expect the same, but if you mess them about you may find they are more motivated to collect that AIB were.

This debt will remain on your CCR report until you settle it, which means you will have problems getting personal loans, mortgage etc....

Advertisement