Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord gave week notice

Options
  • 26-07-2022 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just looking for advice for some friends. Their lease is up August 2nd. The landlords has never told them they wouldn’t be resigning- but they also said they were either. Anyway, today the auctioneer called and said the landlords wanted them out on the 2nd, literally in a week. My friend obviously was anxious (they have a baby) and the auctioneer said they were entitled to an extra 9 days from the 2nd. I looked up notice periods and worked out they needed 42days based on how long they had been there.

Before I said it to her, she let me know the auctioneer had called back and said they could have until September 12th- which is sure enough 42 days. Almost like he realised his mistake.

What I’m looking to find out is if the notice should have been given 42 days ago? Shouldn’t the notice be given to match up with the end of the lease? Do they have any legal ground here? Or has the auctioneer saved the landlords by giving them 42 days?

Comments

Advertisement