Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIQA jobs

Options
  • 26-07-2022 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All… Anyone applied to HIQA for inspectors job in disability sector .. any pointers for completing the competency based questions at the end of the application form, I have years of experience but just drawing a blank in trying to develop answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

Think about any inspection you ever got while working in Services.

Were they worthwhile? Did they uncover meaningful poor performance within the service or was it a paper exercise?

Look at the work set up. 1 day in the office per week. Can you learn the job with so little exposure to colleagues?

Look at the staff turn over? Are posts being created by expansion or by resignation?

Think about job satisfaction. Will you be happy spending your time hands off, entirely reviewing other people's work and saying it either is or is not compliant with regulation? As opposed to the energy and speed or running a service.

Do you know any inspectors who will chat to you about the realities of weekly travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maimai11

Hello there, i am also looking at the HIQA job but i find the application very confusing, how did you get on with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MCMC2002

Hi , yes very valid points. I did see a thread about staff turnover and HIQA before. It has definitely given me food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MCMC2002

i Did not apply in the end , I was on holidays when I saw the job and didn’t want to spend my time completing the application form, did you apply?

Advertisement