Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I used to be down with it, then it changed...

• 27-07-2022 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi All

Looking for some general advice, or just tips, or just anything really. Am 48 now, but played religiously in my youth. During lockdown I rescued my teenage years guitars (a Charvette and an Aria ProII Flying V) and have been playing almost every day since. Both guitars are in absolute shite, so I'm now looking for a new guitar, and I find myself lost, despite this being the first time in my life that I could actually afford a nice one!!!

I met my old drummer a few months back and he had a custom made Fender Strat from the Fender Store in the UK. Floyd Rose, locking nuts, and I was blown away. I could bend strings like Dave Gilmour with such ease!! I would easily buy the same as he did but not being able to hold it, play it beforehand, (he was living in the UK when he had his made, and he had to bring it back for some tweaking - that'd be a pain in the arse doing that from Dublin).

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations for an ageing trash metaller who mostly plays fast skater punk and metal these days? I'd love a good whammy like a Floyd Rose, locking nuts are a must, something that'll make my soloing easier and has a nice crunchy sound. I love the 3 way toggle switch on Aria - when positioned up towards the neck I get lovely Slash style tones for soloing, and when down it's much crunchier for chugging along

I see loads of "new" manufacturers that I know nothing about. In my heydey it was either Jackson, BC Rich or the like.

Budget wise I've got about 1500 to spend but could go a bit more.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Comments

Advertisement