Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volvo V60 .. D3 or D4

• 27-07-2022 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone ..looking for opinions ,especially from owners, on the V60.

I've had a 142 V60 D4 190bhp a few years ago and was very fast and powerful. I am now looking at newer model V60's around 2018 or 2019.

We've kind of narrowed down to a couple and are torn. 182 D3 momentum auto 150bhp or 191 D4 momentum manual 190bhp. Obviously there is a few grand price difference.

I like the thoughts of the auto but also like the thought of the extra grunt as we live in a very hilly/ mountainy area.

All thoughts and opinions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

As well as 50 more horses, the D4 has 80nm of additional Torque and a 2 second faster 0-60 time than the D3. Lower Co2 on the D4 manual than the D3 Auto as well, so save a couple of quid on Road tax.

It's worth driving the D3 to see what it's like - probably fine and in the real world, not that much different than the D4, with the added benefit of not having to change gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭kirving

I'd be choosing the auto all day long.

Auto gearbox all day every day is much more valuable than 40bhp the odd time you need (want) it.

Depends on the driving of course, but I'd only consider the D4 here if you did a ton of country driving where the ability to overtake was more important. But even then, auto becomes more valuable on the backroads too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Thanks for the input guys. Yes overtaking is important as we live in an area that is awash with cyclists (scenic area) and passing spots when they are cycling 3 abreast 😡 is at a premium. We live in a very rural area.

Will come down to the test drives I suppose. The d4 has more spec on it but she likes the option of the auto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I didn't think they even offered the new v60 with a manual until I seen a few advertised online.

Personally I'd rather buy the D3 auto and get it remapped if needed than buy the D4 in manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭FR85

Sorry to raise an old post but Chief, how did you get on?

I'm in the same boat here myself, driven both, prefer the trim of the auto D3 but the feel and response of the manual D4.

What did you side with and how are you getting on with the choice?

• Advertisement

Howaya

So I went for the D4 manual. Car was a nicer colour and much better spec'd. Haven't regretted going for the manual at all. Plenty of power on demand. I still walk back to it and see it parked and think " damn that's a lovely car!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭FR85

Nice looking machine!

Anything to look out for? What's the actual mpg across the board? DPF issues or similar?

Thanks for the reply!

I get a steady 6.5 ltrs per 100km. That's what the readout says. I drove it all over Normandy last year on a full tank and only had to fill up heading for the Ferry back. I don't really check mpg. Just put juice in when needed.

No DPF issues.

One thing to be aware of is that the A Pillars are quiet sweeping . I find a lot of passengers bumping their head getting in..

I have the harman kardon sound system with the sub under the seat.bass can be harsh. I have mine turned way down.

Sat Nav is OK. I use Google maps through the android auto.

Voice control is the best I've had on any car yet.

Advertisement