Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting

Options
  • 27-07-2022 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anyone else long time renting?

we’ve been renting for 20 years, raising kids. Have never been able to raise a deposit to buy.

feel so worried that all the moving is having an effect on my children.

Comments

Don't feel alone...... So many in today's society in same boat. I got 3grown daughters....all working thankfully....... but an aspiration to home ownership is just that ....aspirnational. I despair when I think about too much

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

We have our own place but this has being a big concern of mine for at least tjhe last 5 years. I know getting your own place wa never easy but it really annoys me that quite alot of members here think renting for a lifetime a good option.

I'm on your side... good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DeirdreMalone

We are back in Ireland and renting (again). That's totally fine :) Particularly in my area here in South Dublin, prices are crazy high. It would be possible for us to buy, but we are waiting for better times (even if it means we will never buy a house).

Advertisement