Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society (Round 7) Tullamore Golf Club (27th Aug 1400 hrs)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

For reference, when Charlie says PW/9i, it probably means a 7/8i for most mortals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

It’s only 138m!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Fair play all filling the slots ...could be a full house .

1 more slot to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Ah stop trying to scare us Charlie, it's not that hard! It's a proper test, but not off the charts by any stretch. I don't remember it being too bad for loading balls.

I know I'm going to regret posting that.

And on an aside, why not make the longest drive interesting and do it on the 5th? Too conservative and you could run out to the rough even if you go for it and succeed. Too daring and you're wet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Anyone measuring in meters needs to be taken out the back and seen to

I don't like uphill nearest the pin holes....but to be honest the other par 3s are too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bobster453

Thanks @charlieIRL .Think I will stay home and paint instead😀

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭a post punk

Thanks for the blunt course knowledge Charlie ( jaysus) it’s going to be a tough day !!!

• Advertisement

To score well in Tullamore you definitely need some course management, play sensibly and you will be fine. I have definitely noticed that when I travel to other parkland courses, I can score ok on them and I credit this to playing Tullamore.

The fairways are mostly generous, but like any course - go too far off line a land it’s……..*

* insert frustrating word here!!

We’re not all auld lads like you slave!!

@bluenote every round I play there (except inter club) is off the very back sticks, it’s a good test of golf alright!!!

We should play off them to show ye what it’s really like!!

Lads ...we have only two more events of Fix , next year ye can play on Bethpage Black to keep long lads happy (aka delusional lads).

But for two more events , can I have the simple pleasure of a site ban for anyone mentioning back sticks ...

Kinda joking.....

Could have introduced another alternative alongside Fixs Fairway Finder...Fixs Red Alert, everyone off the forward tees

I loved Fixs Fairway Finder.Failed miserably..only hit 3..but great craic.

• Advertisement

That would actually be great crack!! Would a club allow it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Not gonna make this one.

Presidents the following day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Playing Kinsale on Thursday, Roganstown on Friday, and Tuillamore Saturday. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Break80

After trying my best in The Fix fairway finder. I was 0 out of 4, Then I remembered Fix saying there was a pint in it for anyone missing all 5/6 can't remember.

I said to myself might as well get a pint out of it on the last tee box of the comp. Aimed right. hit a good shot. split the fairway. BUMMER

• Advertisement

Was amazing number of lads who turned up for pint (lol)

Time sheet is full.

Can use waiting list function if needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭doublecross

Lads, I injured my foot and can barely walk. Any problem if I get a buggy?

No problem.. with an injury it is permitted

Guys for lads in first 3 groups this has been sent to me by Corey - Pro at Tullamore - We are running a short game clinic.

"We can start at 12.30pm and do a 60 minute short game clinic, I will provide the balls and we will reserve the practice area for us. We will cover basic chip shot, pitching with loft and bunker play, players will need PW, Gap Wedge and their most lofted wedge"

I'm also going making it 12 (as a Post punk not going) - if anyone else in first 3 groups not going and someone else can come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Dammit, should've taken a provisional spot!

Flamed out of the Captain's qualifier yesterday, so hoping to make next week now as I love Tullamore.

I've put myself on the waiting list so 🤞

Not wishing any misfortune on anyone of course! But there's nearly always one or two late pullouts 😬

Forecast is looking good for Saturday. Now as long as no-one jinxes it and says it out loud it should stay that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Richiemaloney

Perfect looking forward to it 🤪

All if there is any chance you can't go, please keep in mind there is a waiting list for this one.

Again late drop outs not appreciated and I don't care about kid problems (joking kinda).

• Advertisement

@FixdePitchmark be honest not joking at all really are ya?😀

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The club has some decent practice facilities (putting green, chipping area, nets etc...), and has a short range, though not sure if you need to use your own balls still.

If you want to get some driving practice in, there is a range in Rahan, which is around 10 mins from Tullamore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭mooz

Played Tullamore last Wednesday, what a beautiful course. Thought the greens were excellent and the course was in top shape. I liked the variety of holes, few real risk reward holes. Will definitely be back! Enjoy it Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Snackbox20

Really looking forward to this outing. Thought I was going to be a withdrawal as i was isolating again since last Thursday, with a 2nd bout of the blasted Rona, but out of isolation today, negative test and back to normality 👍👍👍

There’s a half marathon on in Tullamore Saturday. I’m not sure of the time but it should be well done by the time we are heading to the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I'll probably just play the golf for this one 😜

Good idea lads ,,,,

OK , change of plan for this one.

Meet in Bridge House at 730 am , massive Irish fry - 2 of everything, Hash browns and beans to the side .

After breakfast, just 1 pint to settle the nerves .

Then out to Bridge Street for the 1/2 marathon - as always, like a boards outing , keep the pace up and slip under the 3 hours .

Off to Tullamore for the short game clinic- then shoot the lights out in Tullamore...

Class idea lads...

All, still 2 on waiting list - so if you need to drop out there are 2 replacements...

Obviously do as early as possible..

I hit the range last night. I was conscious that it's 3 weeks since my last round, so didn't want to travel down having not hit a ball in that long.

I was surprised by how well I hit it from the start. I went through the bag - driver, high iron, low iron, fairway wood, three quarter wedge, utility. Everything working great. So then I started going through the bag again and it seems I've gotten all that good golf out of my system in advance of the weekend.

I didn't try the putter, so should all have a few decent putts left. So I should be making a few nice putts for double bogey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Alas, looks like no last minute dropouts.

Enjoy the day everyone, Tullamore is a class course. At least I can make Captain's dinner in the home club now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Might need a sub yet.

You there ? - as usual , romantic night before.

Not good for your golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

So just to confirm, is the short game clinic at 12 or 12.30 tomorrow?

Looking forward to the round in general, but really looking forward to making an utter arse of myself trying to show off the short game after the clinic 😭

1230....I guess the earlier you get there the better..set up and probably more solo time with Corey...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Manhatton

Lads, make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get there. Just after chatting to a lad who will be competing in the Tullamore half marathon today and he said that the golf course road is part of the route and there will be traffic and access restrictions.

• Advertisement

Sun is shining, porridge is on, looking for my golf shorts, about to hit the road. Looks like it's going to be a great day ☀️☀️😎😎🏌️

Yupp, road is open but definitely allow more time to get to the course. It’s a narrow road down. It’s starting at 11 so the main contenders should be gone through by 1pm.

Just to add:

If your coming from the east via Kilbeggan etc make sure to stay on the Tullamore bypass and go around the town

Same coming from the south if your coming via Portlaoise

The route the half marathon is taking is going out of Tullamore via an Charleville road, it’s then going on into Mucklagh village (which is bypassed already so won’t effect anyone) but they come back up the road the golf club is on so we will be going against them when heading to the club. As I said, the road is open but allow a few more minutes to get there and the Stewards will direct you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

enjoy today guys

Just arrived at the course folks. I was directed off from portlaoise, and came into Tullamore at the distillery. Just at the kinnity roundabout there were Marshall's and hi-vis out for the half-marathon. Small bit of activity on that section of road but no runner's yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement