Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in the sky - again!

Options
  • 28-07-2022 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭

Last night, just around midnight, I saw about 6 or so patches of light in the sky, small blobs that were alternately dashing about madly and holding still, above me. Then I realised there was a beam of light to each of them from Waterford/Tramore about 25 km away as the crow flies (assuming it is flying that far in a straight line). They were a bit eerie but obviously some sort of lightshow thing probably from the amusements in Tramore.

I have a vague memory of this happening before years ago and I thought they had been banned because they cause issues for aircraft, and there was in fact what I guess was a small plane (I could only see the lights) flying nearby. Does anyone know the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So I have found out what it is, apparently its something at the event at Curaghmore Estate, the All Together Now festival.

Advertisement