Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Technical Universities (former IoT's) - a question about contracts and conditions

• 28-07-2022 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

This is not for me but a friend who has just been offered an 'Assistant Lecturer' position in one of the new TU's. She was telling me the position was 'permanent' but she has been offered a 2 year contract. She queried this with HR, and they said all new TU contracts are for an initial 2 years and this may turn into a CID if the contract is extended beyond that.

She is a bit confused (and upset I think!) about this. Does anyone have any opinions? I do understand this - the TU need a way out if she is not suitable - is this the way this works?

Any advice much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Friend of mine worked in a TU/IT as assistant lecturer in 2015 and like teachers was Pro Rata/Part Time and had to wait two years to get CID contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

She's doing well to have gotten a two-year contract as opposed to one, tbh.

I have seen in the past that the the actual job description would be noncommittal and just say "Contract/Permanent/Part-time" but whatever jobs site picked it up listed it as just permanent - perhaps something like that happened?

Advertisement