Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/2023 €50 H2H draft league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Theres 7, you will be 8, and Chesty is still onboard to be 9. Nobody needs to drop out.

Would be great to get to 10 because ‘average’ kept beating me last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah if we had an even number that would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

I'm interested in playing and keeping an eye on the league, the conversations and drafting strategies etc.

I'm hesitant to drop €50 on a league format I've not played much (Only ever did a few of these leagues and there were too many zombie teams)

I think Draft Fantasy has the potential to be the best version of all types to play fantasy premier league football but it still needs to be tweaked.

This is just my opinion and perspective from playing it

- The point total doesn't work as well. Needs to be head to head matches to work.

- No waiver wires for the first few weeks (Transfer deadline day) transfers between teams are okay.

- Most games end up as Win/Loss, the game needs to go to a playoff style for the last 4 Gamweeeks to accommodate 1st round -> Quarters -> Semi -> Final with deciders played between losing teams on each of the weeks to decide 3rd/4th/5th etc!

- More variation in league types. A Draft auction salary cap league would be great fun. 200m, pick a draft day and every player go to a bid.

Anyway best of luck with your drafts, if you can share links so any of those interested can see how it went, who picked who at what round etc and a view of each person's team that'd be great! 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Still only 7 signed up with 3 hours to go.

• Advertisement

I’ve just changed my team name to my boards name.

This has worked well in the past so we know who to slag.

So if you guys are willing to change your team names to your boards name ?

Changed mine there Klopp.

Xander10 is definitely joining up, not sure about Chesty. We will have 8 though.

8 signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I just remembered this was on tonight with 30 mins to spare! I'd imagine I'd have ended up with Ronaldo and a bunch of injured players on auto pick.

• Advertisement

All the better to get that infamous deadline day signing we keep hearing about

How long does this normally take? Is it 8*15 2 hours.

I reckon it’ll take about 1 hour 20 minutes ish.

Don't forget to actually enter the draft room lads

It will take longer if there are any no shows.

A quick scan over teams has me purring over Klopparama’s team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Agree - just did the scan and picked Kloppo’s as the one I’m most envious of.

Took just under an hour.

Team is Ramsdale,

TAA, White, Dier,

Zaha, Saka, Rashford, Maddison, JWP

Wilson, Martial

Subs: Henderson,Mitro, Coady, Justin,

Yeah. Happy with my team. Only player picked just ahead of my next pick was VVD.

Still can’t find where to see the other teams. (Like every year)

In the draft room. Theres a drop down menu where you can click from your team to the other teams.

• Advertisement

I'm happy enough with my team, I went top heavy on purpose with a couple of punts in there (Eriksen and the new Leeds lad) which could go either way. I'm expecting a big season from Sancho.

‘Scorpion Sting’ and ‘Trimms drafts’ the 2 that stood out to me.

And ‘Dearg’

Here's my effort. A well balanced team but I think I might be bottom half going into transfer deadline time.

No Liverpool players may prove costly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

My first pick came at me very quick and I don't even know if I picked the first player on my list from available players!

Ah well, it's a bit of fun doing the picks. I lost out on two picks to the player immediately before me.

My aim is to improve on last seasons 8 of 8. Well, the only way is up.

You think so?! I mean mine is very well balanced but I'm not sure if that's a good thing in Draft as I have very few standout players.

I'm lacking Liverpool assets which could be detrimental.

I've finished 1st followed by 2nd, followed by 3rd, so 4th feels like the natural progression here.

Once I'd missed out on Trent, Robbo, Cancelo and Perisic, I intentionally spurned defenders in the draft. Reckon it will be the easiest to do business with in the waiver wire this year and revamp what looks like the ugly part of my team at the moment.

I'm pretty happy with my front 8 of Salah, Bowen, Kulu, Coutinho, Trossard, Vardy, Toney, Richarlison.

Yea Klopp is the bookies favourite I think. Hopefully Eriksen can steal Fernandes spot in the United team to sabotage you.

Yeah. My intention was to ignore defenders as they are easier to pick up in the waiver but I couldn’t follow my plan.

This is the first time I’ve managed to get a Liverpool player (Diaz) in the draft so happy with that.

I just missed out on VVD and Darwin too. It’s horrible when you have your finger hovering and the player you were about to click on disappears on the pick before you.

• Advertisement

Did my other 8 person draft tonight and got this team, feel like I got a bit more value out of my team than this one

Advertisement