Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden designer or landscapers in galway

Options
  • 28-07-2022 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, would anyone have any recommendation for a garden designer or landscapers in galway that they have used? Looking to put in a patio with beds incorporated into a small wall around it, also have an area I would like to do something with but have no idea really where to start, any advice appreciated or recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Did you have any luck sourcing someone?

I'm in a similar position, looking for a garden designer ... but happy enough to do the work myself, just need someone to give me a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you can do the work yourself and just need suggestions throw up a drawing of your site with aspects and existing hedges etc and describe what you want, you will probably get as many ideas as you would pay a designer for. You are not likely to get a designer to come up with a plan that they are not going to be employed to actually do. Alternatively download an app that will allow you to design what you want, then come here for suggestions for planting etc.

You need to decide how much gardening you want to do subsequently, no point having large flower beds if you are not interested in maintaining them!

Cheers Looksee.

I would have thought it would be easy money for a qualified gardener designer to do. But going by your comment, this is not something that's regularly done... all or nothing job.

Cool, at least that saves me looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭lucalux

I think a few places offer garden design service, separate to the actual work being done, not too far from you in Galway is this one:

Small town garden, straightforward shape: €450

Medium sized gardens approx ½ acre: €600

Large gardens, complex designs and special projects: €800+

thanks lucalux

Jaypers, thats some money... I was hoping to get drawings for both the front and the back gardens. Those numbers are a little out of my price range, which may prove how ignorant i am in this space.

I may start googling..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Right enough, the garden centre idea is a good one, I was thinking more of independent landscapers. I haven't seen any garden centres offering that service near me (though I haven't particularly looked) but it seems like a no-brainer. For the amount of work that would be involved the prices are not all that outrageous, though I suspect they would be more planting based than ground work.

Advertisement