Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

The way they have production set up I would think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Another vote for ecoplex. I bought the Tesla charger and they installed it for 600 euros. Very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

When i bought my Audi Q4 in 2021 the grant for €60k plus cars was going to be cut from 1st July.

Dealer was able to apply and get grant approved using VIN number and told me it would be valid for upto 3 months after 1st July once you got grant approval . My car was registered on 10th July , collected 14th July.

so once you have a VIN by end of June you should be ok for September delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Anyone know when the cancelations will be hitting the Inventory? Nothings gone up over the weekend at all. My trade in with Tesla (best price I've been offered by anyone) expires on Tuesday so I'm hitting F5 constantly :) I order a RWD M3 but at this rate I've even up to MY ( probably more family future proof tbh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Won’t work with Tesla as they don’t register for the grant until last minute. I doubt if they give a toss about the grant given all the grant qualifying RHD cars that are sitting in UK Inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

i don’t understand how most people got June/Aug delivery and I got end of June early September 🤔🤔 MY RWD blue

Blue was probably a popular choice after the price cuts. Maybe the early dates are for white cars ? Other option is they’re telling you the truth and bending the truth again with the others. If they told everyone it would be September, there would be mass cancellations and some people would certainly take their business elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You won’t have a vin 3 months in advance from Tesla. 3 weeks if your lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

I feel sorry for those who have been messed around the past few months by Tesla , but i do think Tesla will try to deliver cars before September as they will know September 23 might as well be January 24 , and need to seek those cars before BYD make an impact next year in the European market (they are dominating Tesla in the Chinese market)

From my own point of view Thank you Paul Kiernan, a poster here, for giving me the tipoff on Friday evening last, for the MY LR (white with 20” induction) that i got for a €8.5k discount.

I still believe someone in tesla pressed the wrong buttons and gave me a MY LR with induction wheels for €53k, still pinching myself . Thanks again Paul.

hope others have similar luck over the next few weeks/months

Y LR Black but likely to cancel based on the latest delivery estimate.

It’s not unknown to happen and has happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

Getting really anxious to get my car now. 8 days more to go. Reg plate not in the account yet, hopefully tomorrow so I can get it insured and get rid of my car this week too.

For sure but the scale is much bigger this time I suspect. In the UK September isn’t such a big deal. March 1st and Sept 1st are the UK plate change dates which Tesla seem to be working to. Over here Q1 is where it all needs to happen.

I’m talking about Tesla making the reduction too big in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

God this market needs more competition, never been so hard to spend 50K

I remember walking out of a Mercedes showroom once because I was ignored for 10 minutes!

Now I'm reduced to refreshing web pages during rugby games in the hopes of winning the lotto of being allowed to buy a 50K + car.

I dont like it. Not one little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is there a minimum number of days before collection that you need to cancel your order in order to get your deposit back under distance selling rules?

We're probably not going to take the RWD on the 25th and will hold off for the LR (Apr 24 -May 10). But I'd like to wait as long as possible before cancelling the RWD in case Tesla push out Apr-May dates to Jun-Aug dates. In that case we'd go with the RWD.

Also, how many days before collection do Tesla do the admin work, applying for grants, requesting regs for VINs etc? I'd rather not have them needlessly go through the work if we're going to cancel, but I have to put our own interests first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Update on my end - I have two orders in for a Model Y

One Long Range -> Updated yesterday to show April 25th - May 11th

One Rear Wheel Drive -> Updated Yesterday to show June - September deliver.

The plot thickens though, the RWD order now has a VIN and I'm being asked to to accept Tesla Vision...

The RWD will suffice for 90% of my daily usage. One regular enough trip we do would require a Supercharger stop.

In my head I was set for the Long Range, and an extra few weeks waiting is fine.

However, I sold my last EV, and we are down to one car for a while now. If the Long Range did not show up before the end of June, I'd be pretty miffed.

Decisions..

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Sounds like your RWD order has been allocated a cancellation! I’d hazard a guess if you accept Tesla vision you’ll get an EDD of before month end. You may as well, you don’t lose anything by clicking 😀

Yup, was in the same situation upto friday. Had My RWD MSM due for collection on 27th March , but really wanted the LR that had Apr 24-may 11 estimated delivery.

to be honest i would probably have taken the RWD as i too had sold my car and couldnt risk the LR not coming in April .

fortunately a LR came up in inventory on friday that i was able to get at a fantastic price and now am able to collect on 20th march .

you only lose out on the slightly on the RWD, range etc so id go for it as I suspect LR wont get here until sept .

PS was it an MSM RWD that you were allocated as i cancelled ny order on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ddcluracan

My M3 order - RWD with Tow Hitch in metallic grey has put back to July 17 - September 30, aside from the uncertainty regarding the SEAI grant, could this also mean we get the hardware upgrade?

@mun1 It's a blue RWD..

I just know when I ask Tesla "When will the LR be here, my account says Apr 24 - May 11", they'll say they can't guarantee those dates.

From a day to day point of view, they are both the same to me really.

Extra power in the Long Range would be grand but not really into that.

All wheel drive is useful for the odd icy spell we get in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

You might not get your reg until the day or 2 before collection, your insurance company should be able to put you on a temp insurance based on vin until you can sort the reg, Allianz gave me a week with no ref so shouldn’t be an issue

Wonder could Tesla sweeten the deal like they have done with inventory discounts 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

All the Irish April 24 M3s and MYs waiting for their boat 🙂

I just read the comments, seems like they're for Japan. ☹️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

CHecked my Account this morning and noticed that the SEAI grant is gone. It now says Amount Due - €49,119.78. The SEAI was on it last week. Must have removed it after the delivery was pushed to July-Sept. :(

Advertisement