Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You’ve just described Polestar too.

Also remember, for every dirty car there’s a 100 that’s not dirty that don’t make it online. Same goes for my examples with BMW and Hyundai. I’m sure many others got their cars in better condition but make no mistake, collecting from a glass box showroom is no better. Other than the free tea and biscuit. But your paying for it either way.

It’s twin 😮

Id be 50/50. I would be looking at the panel for ever wondering if it’s right after knowing there was a dent there.

These things happen to all cars though. Only difference is that main big dealers don’t tell you about it. They legally don’t have to tell you.

Stand outside Ace Autobody long enough and you’ll see brand new unregistered cars going in, same for Carcraft in Fairview although he has seen a drop down there due to Ace’s dominance with the main dealer network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Yep. Normally main dealers get the cars in inspect, scratch their head, give it a wash with a brillo pad, let it sit for a while... and if there's damage it's sorted before car goes to customer. I've seen cars with serious accident damage that were new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Mine was clean on collection. I didn't see any others that looked dirty either. Personally I detest sales people in dealerships and the regular main dealer experience - buy online and collecting it has been pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Yeah I prefer the online sales angle Tesla utilise. I absolutely cannot stand showroom salesmen. They sell you what they want you to buy not the other way round!

• Advertisement

Ask them a question that outside of the norm and they stutter! Unfortunately, as a buyer you sometimes know more about the car than they do.

Here’s a €110k BMW iX handed over to a customer recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mj2025

I have had same message 24 hours before collection day (hence no reg plates) - and was told issues with RoS. Still no resolution. Anybody else had similar issues?

You should be good for tomorrow. Bank holiday weekend so any registrations from Thursday only got sorted today.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Ok going by the dirty car Vs clean equation you suggest that would make about 800 Tesla's delivered in the last week.... That's fair going 😜

True about paint majority of people even myself for that matter wouldn't see that to be honest I'm not a detailing head either so swirls etc. kinda pass me by. But chips on paint work and dirt inside a car different story, Id expect even buying a 2nd car it would be clean inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

ive had one perfect delivery & one bad one in the last week, it’s all part of the Tesla rollercoaster. Few observations from deliveries:

• totally different staff both days, it turns out all of todays staff were flown in from the uk this morning, so I’m sure a red eye flight before a long day of deliveries wouldn’t help the mood
    • i was told last week Tesla staff did all the prep, this week & going forward it’s NVD - which might explain a few shabby cars coming out
    • A trader arrived to collect trade in cars while I was there, none of the Tesla staff had a clue about it or where the cars were. He asked/mentioned about 5 names to get it resolved, and each time the answer was no they’ve left Tesla 😄
    • afternoon appointments better than morning, as the chaos has subsided
    • the paintwork on the Chinese built cars is extremely good
    • i saw a few 2021 & 2022 M3 being traded in - so some took to lowball offers!

That’s it. I believe there’s 800 cars being registered in March. Maybe more.

I would notice the small things. Surface dirt doesn’t bother me as the first thing I do is get it home and strip the car out, mats everything and “make it mine”. That’s the bar set then and the platform info forward from.

We shouldn’t be seeing paint chips on. We cars at all as they should not have been in an environment to get chipped. I think any damage we see is abrasion damage. Rubbing off other objects.

I wonder if the USS removal has confused a few of the guys that move these cars around the boat/docks/trucks?

Yep but we're talking about the cars registered so far in march (I suspect it has been a little more than 1 in 100 with complaints on dirt and chips). Still two weeks left in march plenty of more deliveries.

Sorry you cant say all OEMs are the same here mass delivery in a yard Vs a number of dealers deliveries, your just going to have a better delivery experience on the day with a dealer.

Just call it as it is stop trying to say it's the same for all OEMs. It shockingly bad for a tesla but that's their model.

If I turned up after driving across to country as one poster said and was told to go away and come back again someone would be wearing the car!!

Thats fine. You like what you like. I’ve had enough dealer experiences to realize it makes no damn difference where you’re collecting from. Joe Duffy, Audi North Dublin, Vector Motors to name but a few and it’s all the same. Meet nice men, sign the form and then out to the car.

I don’t sit there pretending they are my friends. I don’t care for the free tea or the leather sofa. I just want to collect and go home. But I can see how some people would be swayed by the nice glass boxes, TV, sofa set up and the newspaper all laid out on the table. That’s just not for me.

I’ve posted up above how BMW deliver €100k cars so it most definitely happens in larger premium dealers. I see it every other day.

Thankfully there’s choice for people. Buy what you like. Buy the dealership experience. That’s fine.

Not talking about glass boxes and coffee, the point is dirty cars (inside and out) and chips.

Did Joe ever tell you go away and come back again.

Your a Tesla fan we get it but stop trying it's the same as other OEMs. On the law of averages delivering more cars in a tight time with limited staff its going to be worse let people know what to expect then and maybe they'll be less p*ssed off if it happens.

I’m also a bmw fan, and Kia considering I have both. Doesn’t make me married to one. Kia is another good example. Collected 3 brand new cars in 2021. Collected from the parking lot. Didn’t even go into the showroom. Everything signed remotely. Handed the keys and be off with ya, straight to the carriage office. But I’ll give them one thing, each car was charged to 100%. Lucky to get 40% from tesla.

And yes, Joe did tell me to go away before. Told me to come collect a car and when I got there it wasn’t ready at all. Told me to come back the next day. O2 sensor in a 530e that took 4 months to get in stock.

Deliveries should be spaced out of course like the legacy brands but they are delivering too many at any one stage to do that. They probably deliver more in March than VW deliver in a year (ID4).

Maybe I’m less concerned with fancy showboating that the car has to be pin perfect from a large showroom from a guy in a 3 piece Armani suit. I couldn’t give a toss about all that and I’m probably in the minority. That’s fine. I can live with that.

I collected one car from tesla in 2022. It was dirty. Do I get upset, no. I log the complaint in app and I got a €100 valet voucher. Left it with Flawless Detailing to be sorted. Safe wash, decontamination and 6 month coating applied. I’d take a dirty car and that voucher anyway.

Have a look at the i4 thread. Law of averages in there show an equally high amount of disgruntled buyers.

Theres no talking to you lad, we are talking about picking up a new car and the condition of it in relation to being dirty, not picking up cars in the pandemic or picking up a car after an issue or service (I've had similar with other OEM and nearly had to go down a legal route on repairs done on a car).

Look at the other threads (oems) you don't see the same amount of complaints about pick ups and the cars being dirty (bar your I know a guy posts). I4 thread is mainly reliably issues a paint detail (not dirt inside the car or outside).

I'll put it for any perspective new buyers (if anyone actually cares), great cars but don't set your standards too high on the process (delivery dates etc.) or the state the car will be in you'll be less disappointed and pissed of potentially then.

That'll mainly down to the number of cars delivered in one go kinda like the Aldi experience at SuperValu prices. Nothing wrong with Aldi as long as you know what to expect.

This is just turning into noise on the thread... You keep living the Tesla dream 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I think we have crashed the motor tax website...🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

Back up again now, but still not recognising the reg. Will have a look at it tomorrow. Won't have time this afternoon as I will be too busy fiddling around with the car 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mun1

Just to add to my earlier comments on my MYLR collected yesterday.

the wait yesterday was worth it, great to meet other excited people buying a tesla for the first time

the staff were very polite and doing their best to get to everyone.

the dirt on the outside didnt bother me too much as it got destroyed on the way down the motorway anyway.

the sticker on the inside of the window surprised me and proved no PDI happened.

went out for a spin on B roads last night and its an absolutely fabulous car to drive

It handles secondary roads very well.

The suspension in the MY was just as good as my Audi Q4.(and thats on 20” induction wheels)

the auto high beams work very well , its like having floodlights on front of your car.

Absolutely delighted with it. Now to find an excuse to go on a drive today.

• Advertisement

Fly down to the shops and get some milk, will ya mun.

And when you get back you can Fly down to the chipper for your dinner, and then we can fly down to see the in-laws.... and then..... no excuse needed, enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

when do you think people should give up on getting a cancellation from the current round of deliveries .. I don't want to buy something temporary and then get a call from Tesla saying one has become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

They will want to deliver as many as possible before the end of the month, so I'd say you would hear something soon if there are cancellations.

Keep an eye on inventory too as they are going to be snapped up if they appear there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I’d try hold out till month end, there’s bound to be some last minute cancellations

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Is anyone else's account incorrectly showing a balance due ? Did a change of address last week since then it shows balance owed of €3,627.00 even though my final invoice shows fully paid €47,810.78

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Its a bug in their website. You'll notice the 3627 is exactly the amount of the VRT. Just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

That is an incorrect addition of VRT. I have the same and was told by Tesla to ignore it as they have a glitch in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Thanks lads, was worried I'd arrive up on Sat and not be able to pick up.

• Advertisement

Yes. Posted many times already. It’s an error on the system and Tesla have advised people who call up to ignore it and collect away.

Advertisement