Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Wishful thinking. Tesla have no responsibility for SEAI grant and all its documentation make this clear. It’s also usual that any communication about delivery dates are always “estimates”. It’s likely that they can most likely sell all cars they can get their hands on at the grant qualifying level and I personally I would not be expecting any grant related adjustments. I’m sure they will do whatever they can to get cars delivered up until 30th June

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You’re correct that the car manufacturers apply for the grants but I’m not exactly sure of the timing.

When I ordered a MY I got the SEAI forms before vin was assigned back in January and with only a deposit paid from October.

The car is still down as Apr-Jun delivery before I cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yermanthere

@JOL1 (deleted)

Post edited by yermanthere on

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

Anyone any suggestions on best Electricity supplier for home charging? perhaps with an EV plan - one that doesn't penalise you by bumping normal day rate up to compensate for low ev rate for a couple of hours in middle of night - struggling to make sense of some of them and reluctant to switch to Smart meter tariff unless beneficial as you can't reverse out of it once you commit to smart metering

If Carlsberg done energy suppliers!

They all bump the day rate but night rate is usually 11-7 or something so it’s not just a couple of hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Check the ev plans 2022 thread below. On mobile hard to link to

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How long should it take for the reg to appear online?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

Re Delivery

Is there parking available on site if you are getting a lift to Baldonnell?

For those who have collected already did you check over the car before signing for delivery or was the car only available after you signed?

If before is the car unlocked and is it possible to check the interior, SOC and things like windows, doors, frunk and tailgate?

TVM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

How long does it usually take to receive a log book after taking possession of a new car ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Not much room in the car park, but it is possible.

Obviously, you will have the reg number and the car will be parked in front of the reception area. You can look around it all you want, but you won't be able to get inside it. Also, there's going to be lots of others picking up too and you're going to lose your place in a pretty long queue.

Any issues after you get the official handover and have the keys, you go back to the girls and notify them. Hopefully you won't, most haven't had any problems.

I'm sure that you could probably park outside, just beyond gate B,and walk into the car park, the Tesla office is at the opposite end to the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

You don't need the" log book" to tax the car. That will arrive in the post in a few weeks.

Your reg will be on the system the next working day and you can tax it online then,using the reg number and the last 6 digits of the vin as your pin number.

Found it much easier on the laptop, mobile site wouldn't go past step 2, something to do with email confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I guess their question was after taxing it how long. For me, I taxed my car on a Thursday morning, disc Friday morning and Wednesday the following week log book arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

Absolutely love the car , glad I didn’t switch to the AWD as I’ve more than enough acceleration

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Arrived this morning around 9.10. Was quiet enough 2 or 3 others. Quick check over of car all looked good. They did a walkaround and odometer check of car I was trading in. Then sign take key cards and go. Car was charged to 30% as seems be the case for most . Lovely drive home. Update installed and car charging. Loving the car so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Halpo99

For those of us in the "April - June" delivery batch what's the sense of actually delivery? Has the ship left China yet or what's the thinking? Be great if a delivery happened in April but I think its gonna be more like June! 😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Admiral

More likely your cars not been built yet. April build, May ship - 4 weeks, early June delivery is what my expectations are set to.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

According to the guy tracking shipments over at teslamotorsclub, no ship carrying Tesla's is currently leaving Shanghai and most likely won't until April.

So I concur with Admiral. Most likely ship late April or early May, and delivery in June.

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

The carriers are going to start loading cars post 8th April, when EU will report the vehicle registration. So they would know how many to ship as they already would have available inventory.

April June cars have not been built yet, or at least are being built currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I picked up my grey M3 RWD at 12:30 today. It was supposed to be 9:30, but there was a delay with the finance paperwork because the reg & final invoice were so late arriving. I got notified last night so there was no big deal. When I got there today there was 2 in front of me in the queue and i was out the door with my key cards in 10 minutes. Paint and panel gaps all look good, so I'm a happy bunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Has there been many MY's that qualify for the grant hit the inventory ?

Apart from the one Mun1 got and one other I haven't seen many recently.

What happened to the "keep an eye on the inventory, there'll be loads of cancellations" etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Everyone wanted their cars 😁

Maybe people order a LR as well after price drop but have now decided to take the RWD due to uncertainty about the delivery date

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

We cancelled Bluey, but I don't know if it went back to Inventory and was snaffled or was it allocated to a reservation holder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Why can't we get those here? When they are selling so cheap in UK.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesla-model-3-rear-wheel-drive-ps38790-at-tesla-4107164

Advertisement