Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

From the moment I ordered the model y on Wednesday morning it showed the reduction and the seai on both my order agreement and web page and that has not changed.

one thing I did notice I paid the final payment yesterday from my bank and that is not showing yet. I know it was a Saturday but I’m sure when I was making some payments before on a Saturday it showed like a couple of hours later. But as far as my bank balance is concerned I’m fully paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Why would you pay in full for a car that may not be delivered until early May ?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

So another day has passed for the “Tesla ‘Price Adjustment’ Irish 80”. Was anybody contacted directly by Tesla yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Not for me anyways. Account still the same. Operating as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

See below 👇

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

No call, text, email.

UK support rang us back but knew nothing.

Tomorrow will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

OK, I got a quote from the main dealer about two months ago and it came in about 1.5 K less. Not sure if that’s what two months does to a valuation. Either way both are well below what the car is selling for on the web. 

It’s not easy doing a private deal at the 40k range. First world problems 😂

Regarding arranging collection.

when they assign the collection time/day is there much input from us regarding the date and time and is it a 9-5 mon-Friday type thing or do they do sat and Sunday collections?

That support line is for the uk and Ireland. It’s telling that even they don’t have information or knowledge of any issue 4 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

You will get a range of days with times. Sundays are definitely out. Getting a Saturday as an option depends on it not being booked out.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Tomorrow could be 'D-day' alright.

Will it be deliverance day (as in confirmation of same), or will the 💩 show continue!?!

I'm kind of at the acceptance stage now anyway as I'm one of the lucky ones who tried to cancel (original order) via email but still have the original option in my account.

As long as I get one before end June I'll be reasonably happy.

I'm sure others are in more a precarious situation as they've cancelled original orders so I really hope it works out for their sake.

Also, Tesla need to front up as the so called pricing error in Ireland versus flash sale / ongoing reductions in EU (current stock and coming soon) is a poor excuse imo, if it comes to bear.

I'd certainly try to reason with them regarding the LR's as any cancellations will just leave them back on the ground until grant is gone.

Hoping for a half decent trade in valuation now but I know that is not going to happen 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Sums up my situation as well. Two still on account after emailing to cancel the first one.

Will certainly be making the case for the sale price but that might be blind optimism.

The fact that tomorrow is 6 days after the event and nobody knows anything seems bizarre as generally when a large company makes a pricing error customers are notified as soon as it is spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

This can't be the case. The price before reduction of the MY we ordered is 47,891 well under the grant threshold

• Registered Users Posts: 16 El Wexican

This is exactly the point. They have had plently of time to clarify.

When i spoke to them yesterday they were aware of the "rumours" but everything was as it should be with the order, and the discount on the MYLR was in place.

The guy was clearly in command of his answer and was fully briefed on the situation. This is not a pricing error, it was a promotional offer that was (is still!) in place accross Europe. They made have made a mistake in offering the promotion in Ireland (3 times, with at least one car being delivered), but that is very different to a pricing error. - which is buy a 80 inch tv for 100 instead of €1000

They might try and back out of it, but that is a very different legal obligation than saying it was a pricing error, that is fraught with legal consequence. It was clearly a pan European offering with lits of cars showing "coming soon".

It smacks of bad internal communications in Tesla (shock), someone going on a solo run saying everyone is going to be called, making a few calls, before someone else in Tesla realises this is a done deal and tells them to stop. The fact they were going to call people also shows they were possibly on shaky ground, are Tesla know for been cuddly like that.. nope.

The longer it drags on the bigger problem for Tesla, if it was an error we all would have got bulk communication to clearly point out its an error, that still has not happened, and they supposedly knew last Wednesday.

Yes I'm one of the 80 who took the promotional offer, and my account clearly shows the showroom discount, but no SEAI grant yet. I'm pretty confident it will be honoured tbh. If not, so be it, but i will only take any explanations in written form.

I can understand reducing the price of MYLR + inductions but the other reductions for MYRWD seems a bit mad considering the interest in the RWD at this time plus the fact it was at the end of a quarter delivery period. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

The longer they leave it, the harder it is to unwind. I wouldn’t be surprised if nothing is heard tomorrow, it’s the Tesla way!

Just for clarity, when I got a call from Tesla on Friday it was in response to another matter, not specifically on my discounted order - person was senior in Tesla Ireland. We spoke about the “pricing error” and that’s where I was told to expect a text next week.

also in terms of deliveries I was told 2 boats due in Dublin Q2, first one around 19th April, next one mid-May. April boats deliveries to start early May, May boat deliveries begin early June

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Hey Bf, so just to confirm. From your end, has your order been cancelled yet or is it still in your account at the discounted rate?

From your conversation are you expecting the 3 perf order to be cancelled?

Do you have a fallback option?

AFAIR there were only a few performance 3's in inventory and they were all coming soon too (presumably from somewhere in UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

I couldn't sleep last night (not because of Tesla, i'm not that bad ...yet) started thinking what if this whole thing was a stupid early aprils fool by staff in Tesla. I only know of 1 person of the "fire sale 80" - LOL, that actually got a call. My order is progressing the way it should and a couple on this forum have paid already. The showroom adjustments continue in other EU countries, some staff haven't a clue what anyone's talking about when asked. I asked on chat if my order was safe as is TWICE and was told yes. None of this makes any sense. Theres an article on electrfying.com that explains how Tesla in the past have used "showroom adjustment" to shift stock sitting there at the end of a quarter. None of this cancellation stuff makes sense on any level. At least my original M3 order is still sitting there just in case. But bear in mind, there may be some out there who bought during the fire sale and aren't on FB or this forum and haven't a breeze whats going on. Just delighted they got a deal and are waiting patiently.. while we're all up the walls over what could be nothing :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mine shows the reduction too but the final figure not correct as expected.

Should be €45,234. That will fix itself closer to collection.

• Advertisement

After all this, if I get the MYLR at the reduced price I'm getting a big 'Fire SALE 80 Gang' sticker for the back window like a teenager in a Honda Civic 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

It has not been cancelled & remains in my account at discounted rate. Based on the conversation I expect to get a text this week asking to agree to full price, or else it will be cancelled.

I’m going to sit & do absolutely nothing and see what transpires

I like the collection confidence Gumbo.

I think things will work out with this too. The time has pushed on big time now for a pricing error, I work in a SaaS based company and if anything like this occurred it would be all hands on deck to find the solution, resolve and get messaging out ASAP. It's always the way.

The silence is strange and especially mixed messaging is very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Someone hoping to make some serious twine from a recently collected RWD. @55K 🤥 245km but they have taxed for the year! lol

im not sure its a person from the 'firesale 80' as I think they would be happy with cost 47.8k.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Crazy stuff, if it was a LR AWD maybe but it’s a bog standard RWD with grey paint. Should this crookery be reported to Tesla or even DoneDeal ?

Post edited by liamog on

I’m 99% sure that was up before the discount day and recently renewed. Or else this is another one!

Why would you report it to DD? Or even Tesla? It’s a free market and you can sell it (or advertise) it for whatever you want. It’s up to the buyer to make sure they are happy with the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Grey paint and white seats to be fair so would be touching 49k I guess?

anyway I’ve no issue with people doing what they want with a purchased car. Just the fact gunning buyers still waiting on one.

• Advertisement

Means nothing unfortunately. Tesla won’t get involved with privately registered cars.

Base car. 46,521.

Grey 1200

white seats 1200

total is 49.011. Now throw in a business purchaser and that car is now 54,011.

Advertisement